News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Products! 426 Hemi & Max Wedge Clone Carburetors

Started by Harms Inc, April 17, 2008, 10:27:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harms Inc

In conjunction with our OE carburetor restoration services we are now offering the availability of clone Hemi and Max Wedge carburetors!

These carburetors are assembled to order utilizing a combination of new reproduction componants as well as vintage OEM Carter cores and parts so that they not only look the part, they run great as well! During each build these clone carburetors are put through the same intensive restoration process that our restoration carbs recieve, completely refurbished throughout, correct plating, and even a test and tune session on a running mule engine, no step is spared in building a top quality product.

Any style choke, manual, electronic, or automatic, as well as other options and features such as reproduction carburetor tags are available.

As a "one stop shopping" convenience for our customers I am now stocking a complete line of reproduction fuel lines, OE correct fuel filters, Street Hemi inline dual 4 & Cross Ram linkage kits, and many more carburetor related parts.

If you have any questions about the carburetors, related parts, or pricing please contact me and I'll be happy to help.

:cheers:

Harms Inc.
Scott Smith
Scott@harmsauto.com
509-922-9115

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Hemidoug

Scott, do you make any "stock" Hemi bellcranks to replace the ones that come on the aftermarket Eddy AFB carbs? It would be nice to be able to replace the one size fits all bellcranks with something that will work for stock hemi manifolds.... :icon_smile_big:
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

Harms Inc

Hemidoug,

If you mean the Hemi style side linkage arms, yes, I use reproduction side arm levers on the clone carbs so that the factory progressive linkage fits properly and they fit on any year Street Hemi inline intake manifold just like originals do. These same parts can be added to modern EB carbs, in fact the bases of the carbs pictured above ARE new EB carbs that I refinished to look like originals (gets rid of the incorrect polished look). This is a nice feature because you can use any modern EB jets, metering rods, etc. to tune them.

Hemidoug

So how do I go about buying them? Would you need special equipment to change them out? They are pressed onto the throttle shafts....
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

Harms Inc

Just send me an e-mail and I'll shoot you a price shipped.

As far as installing them, you have some choices, the EB linkage is welded on so you have to grind it off. Once off you can adjust the shaft length (by grinding etc.) so that the front and rear carb arms are inline once the new arms are in place. Then you can either weld on the new arms or drill and tap the end of the EB shafts and hold the new arms in place with a large flat screw (use locktight if you use screws). It's not rocket science but most guys find it a bit of a project if you aren't set up to do it all the time.