News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

welp...... end of a nice day....

Started by Khyron, October 12, 2005, 07:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khyron

Kind of, I've just joined the ranks of unemployment. Thought I did get a good severance package.... kind of a mini vacation. I hate looking for a new job.

Don't get me wrong, this was the best thing that could have happened, and I’m sure I’ll find something. I'm just....

bored....

already...

The good news is I'll be sure to get a lot of stuff done with the free time for the next week, Motor built for the cutless, remove a wall and redo the floor in the kitchen, work on the Charger, clean the garage, clean the shed.....

well, now that I think about it... I'm not going to be bored. please disregaurd this post  :icon_smile_big:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Stormhammer

still a bummer dude

good luck, get lotsa stuff done! make the lady happy

I can sorta relate to you in a different manner  :'(

TruckDriver

Layoff for me comes in about 8 weeks or so too. I can't wait for the break of lonnnnnnnng hours, but on the other hand, $329 a week on unemployment is going to be tough :-\
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

dart3404

Sorry about that. You'll find a better job :yesnod:. Good luck.

BrianShaughnessy

Oh crap... sorry... um... ok... well... um...  whew.    ???   :P

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Telvis

derailed

Sorry to hear that man, I hope things work out ok for you, ill keep my ears open around work if you want, its a stones throw from ya. They were talkin about putting some  much needed guys on in the near future

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Khyron

Quote from: drailed on October 13, 2005, 12:54:02 AM
Sorry to hear that man, I hope things work out ok for you, ill keep my ears open around work if you want, its a stones throw from ya. They were talkin about putting some  much needed guys on in the near future

thanks, that would be cool as hell :D

hey Brian, glad I payed for the Tic Toc Tac when I did, heheheh I guess I will not be gettin gthat 440 now :cry:

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Charger_Fan

The longest I've been between jobs since 1983 was almost 3 weeks. I got tons of stuff done around the house, unfortunately the money sure ran out fast. :icon_smile_sad:

Hope ya find something else soon. :thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

psykicpup

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on October 12, 2005, 08:41:05 PM
Layoff for me comes in about 8 weeks or so too. I can't wait for the break of lonnnnnnnng hours, but on the other hand, $329 a week on unemployment is going to be tough :-\
/quote]

$329 a week on unemployment is going to be tough- try 75 QUID
my daughter & boyfriend 'Sunny Sunday'

DFPA and proud of it!

psykicpup

didn'y mean to diss.. sorry to hear & hope you get something you love doin soon

best wishes & good luck

love laine
my daughter & boyfriend 'Sunny Sunday'

DFPA and proud of it!

Khyron

wow, I seriously thank everyone for their support. It's amazing how car people stick together. it honestly is.

The good news is I got a call and have an interview on Monday. we'll see how it goes.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Khyron on October 13, 2005, 04:40:35 PM
hey Brian, glad I payed for the Tic Toc Tac when I did, heheheh I guess I will not be gettin gthat 440 now :cry:

Yo...  Is anybody planning on Saturday or whatnot for that other thingamabob?   Enquiring minds need to know!

derailed

TheGhost

That sucks.

Quote from: Khyron on October 12, 2005, 07:30:41 PMI hate looking for a new job.

Me too.  I might have to, soon, since somehow $100 bucks was missing from my register on Sunday.  Either the manager misplaced it, or someone used my register when I was on break. :flame:  The store owner wanted me fired then and there, but the managers stood up for me, saying there was no way in hell I would steal $100, when I worked there for 9 months with no problems, not to mention I hold 2 jobs, AND am selling a car. :eyes:  Either way, if my register is off by just $5, I'm fired. :rotz:
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

nh_mopar_fan

Sorry to hear that....

we're hiring...but we're in Mass.

Khyron

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on October 13, 2005, 06:57:18 PM
Yo...   Is anybody planning on Saturday or whatnot for that other thingamabob?     Enquiring minds need to know!

I'll have to check with Rick, did that guy pull that engine for him? Last I heard he still needed that? weather doesn't look to promising :(

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

69charger2002

believe it or not, jobs are everywhere here in louisiana. i even saw a sign at burger king yesterday. it said. now hiring(WITH $500 bonus).. are you kidding me?? BURGER KING??? i don't get it, 100,000 from new orleans area get displaced here, and yet there are help wanted signs EVERYWHERE> maybe business is boomig because of the influx of people, but then again you'd think that would level it out. anyway khyron, hope you find a job soon, it will all work out
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Steve P.

It sucks to be out of work for any amount of time.. I feel for ya bro..

Good luck with the interview. I hope it works well for you...
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Khyron on October 14, 2005, 08:13:20 AM
Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on October 13, 2005, 06:57:18 PM
Yo...   Is anybody planning on Saturday or whatnot for that other thingamabob?     Enquiring minds need to know!

I'll have to check with Rick, did that guy pull that engine for him? Last I heard he still needed that? weather doesn't look to promising :(

Same as last time we checked... if you come,  it'll get pulled out of the trailer.  Otherwise it'll stay inside.
As for the 440... maybe you can barter something with him... I dunno.
Sat might be OK,  Sun. is no good.  But the weather looks better next week.

bull

Good luck with your job hunt. I hope you find seomthing better than what you had. In a way it's kind of liberating to wipe the slate clean once in a while. Even though it's stressful to be out of work there's still many possibilities for you. You'll find something, and probably sooner than you hoped. ;)

dkn1997

Quote from: 69charger2002 on October 14, 2005, 08:26:38 AM
believe it or not, jobs are everywhere here in louisiana. i even saw a sign at burger king yesterday. it said. now hiring(WITH $500 bonus).. are you kidding me?? BURGER KING??? i don't get it, 100,000 from new orleans area get displaced here, and yet there are help wanted signs EVERYWHERE> maybe business is boomig because of the influx of people, but then again you'd think that would level it out. anyway khyron, hope you find a job soon, it will all work out
trav

I did not get the impression that a lot of the displaced people were working BEFORE they got displaced......why mess with success now?
RECHRGED

RD

HOPE EVERYTHING GOES WELL FOR YOU IN THE FUTURE, UNTIL YOU START WORKING AGAIN, STOP AND SMELL THE ROSES (OR WHATEVER IS GROWING RIGHT NOW, AND IF NOTHING IS GROWING, GO FIND A PINE TREE AIR FRESHNER AND SMELL THAT ONE!)
Seriously, sorry to hear about your situation.  Do not worry though, everything always works out in the end.  You just have to have faith.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander