News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

TALLADEGA '09 THREAD

Started by pettybird, April 18, 2008, 10:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Bird

Doug, how far from the track arethe Alex City hotels ? I'm assuming the block rooms will be @ the hotels in the area ?
BIG - BIRD :)

Ghoste

So are non aero cars allowed to participate in this?

pettybird

Quote from: Ghoste on October 03, 2008, 04:38:35 PM
So are non aero cars allowed to participate in this?

going by previous rules you're welcome everywhere but the parade lap and the group photo.  no one's gonna stop you from coming down--there's going to be a quarter million others there for the race, and there's always an extra seat for the parade lap ;)

heck we took a car and I rode with 70Sbird last time!

Ghoste

Cool, the parade lap is the biggie because ,well, I don't need to tell anyone here do I?  Now, if I want to drive something on the parade lap that doesn't leave me a whole lot of time to win the lottery. (since that is likely the only way I'll be scoring an aero car within the next year)

pettybird

A couple of friends from New York flew down and hitched rides--that's who Mom drove around while I was with Scott. 

in '99 my sis rode with my friend Steve Kay in his Daytona--

as long as there's a seat I don't think you'll have a problem! 

jonw29

Alex City is abut 1hr south of the racetrack.The ride from there to the track pretty cool as well.

pettybird

Quote from: jonw29 on October 03, 2008, 07:23:45 PM
Alex City is abut 1hr south of the racetrack.The ride from there to the track pretty cool as well.

yeah it is.  nice, calm back roads with lots of dips and curves.  I remember that now.

how's the 'dega coming?

69_500

Well if someone needs a ride at the track in '09 I'm sure I'll have some empty seats. I doubt that my wife and son will make the trip. My dad says he wants to go though, but that still leaves plenty of room.

Aero426

Quote from: jonw29 on October 03, 2008, 07:23:45 PM

Yep, it's about 60 miles from the hotels north to the track, but it's an easy ride on low travel two lanes through some beautiful countryside skirting the Talladega Mountains.     It's a more pleasant ride than fighting the race traffic when we used to come from Birmingham. 

The70RT

Quote from: moparstuart on August 22, 2008, 08:21:28 AM
Quote from: 69_500 on August 22, 2008, 07:41:13 AM
Good thing for me that the date did move from the first week in october to November though. Considering my kids b-day is October 2nd, and the anniversary is October 5th, and neice's b-day is October 6th, kind of puts some kinks in the family time with leaving for that week. But if its going to be November 1st, ALL IS WELL in the Liebrandt household.  :2thumbs: Putting in my vacation time for that week today at work.
   My boss can be a real a-hole hope he lets me off   :smilielol:

You own you own auto salvage......boss? make the wife run it while your gone. Or is she the boss  :D... :lol:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

moparstuart

Quote from: The70RT on October 11, 2008, 10:04:36 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on August 22, 2008, 08:21:28 AM
Quote from: 69_500 on August 22, 2008, 07:41:13 AM
Good thing for me that the date did move from the first week in october to November though. Considering my kids b-day is October 2nd, and the anniversary is October 5th, and neice's b-day is October 6th, kind of puts some kinks in the family time with leaving for that week. But if its going to be November 1st, ALL IS WELL in the Liebrandt household.  :2thumbs: Putting in my vacation time for that week today at work.
   My boss can be a real a-hole hope he lets me off   :smilielol:

You own you own auto salvage......boss? make the wife run it while your gone. Or is she the boss  :D... :lol:
OH i'm the ass hole boss LOL   no the wife has her own job doing the law thing and i cant go anywhere with out her  lol
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

PocketThunder

So i just did another google maps on how to get there from here and it looks like my half way point is St. Louis.  Anyone going thru St. Louis on there way there?  I could meet up with someone and continue driving there in tandem.  I would probably be doing my 1st leg one day, staying the night in St. Loius (maybe i can park at the Mopad), then the second leg the next day.  I'll be staying in Atlanta with relatives of my spouse, she is flying down and i will meet her there.

Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Aero426

Going to St Louis seems a long way out of the way.

I'd look at taking I-94 to Madison WI, and take the short jump on I-90 to I-39 at Rockford.  I-39 shoots straight south to Bloomington/Normal and is a nice road with relatively low traffic.   Then take I-74 east towards Indy.   There's bound to be some central IL folks you can hook up with.   

PocketThunder

Quote from: DougSchellinger on October 14, 2008, 09:55:22 AM
Going to St Louis seems a long way out of the way.

I'd look at taking I-94 to Madison WI, and take the short jump on I-90 to I-39 at Rockford.  I-39 shoots straight south to Bloomington/Normal and is a nice road with relatively low traffic.   Then take I-74 east towards Indy.   There's bound to be some central IL folks you can hook up with.   

The google maps route (from my house to Atlanta) gave me that one (1,144 miles), and the mapquest route gave me the St. Louis one (1,120 miles).  I've driven that 94 stretch from here to Milwaukee about 1 million times and would just like to putz along thru Iowa for something different.  But if there are FIB members to hook up with along the way that would be better to have someone to caravan with.  thanks Doug.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

I will be going the st louis route

PocketThunder

Quote from: moparstuart on October 14, 2008, 02:37:24 PM

Good thing my C500 has a trailer hitch then, i'll be sure to bring a car caddy just in case.. .  :poke: :whistling: :nixon:

moparstuart

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:      i could throw a 6cy in mine too

hemigeno

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 14, 2008, 02:54:16 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on October 14, 2008, 02:37:24 PM

Good thing my C500 has a trailer hitch then, i'll be sure to bring a car caddy just in case.. .  :poke: :whistling: :nixon:

*winces*

Ouch...   :lol:

Somehow I'll be heading through St. Louis, as there's really not a good way to get to any South/Southeast-bound interstates from where I live.  I plan to be trailering the car though, considering how fresh the restoration will be next year (assuming it gets done by then!).

Just watch - it'll be my 2007 truck that breaks down...     :rotz:

BigBlockSam

15 hours from here .   :scratchchin: i want to take my daytona out on a track , TALLADEGA would be incredible.  i'm trying to talk a couple of my local wing car buddies into it . they haven't said no yet . Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

BPTRacing

Without hitting the Lottery between now and then - My car will not likely be completed.

BUT I could be standing alongside the road for someone to pick up    :woohoo:  :2thumbs:  - either Indy or St.Louis would work for me!  ;D  :cheers:

Scott

Selling all my current toys to build a Twin Turbo Superbird clone "street" car.

69_500

I'll be heading down there from INDY, and I know of a few others heading out of the St. Louis area. Sure you could pick up a ride/convoy with anyone of them.

BPTRacing

69_500

Ahh. I hadn't realized you were in Indy.

I will be over there Wed. and Thurs. working at the ProMax Carbs and Performance shop (30 Gasoline alley) assembling/dyno'ing a stroker motor. I was supposed to get there today, but got too busy at work. If the weather is nice there is usually a small cruise at the shop on Wed. Evening.

I work over there anytime I'm slow, and for all the trade shows they setup at.

I have been spending enough time over there I was thinking of joining the Indy Mopar Club, but haven't yet.

I am trying to get my buddy to let me take one of his 3 birds down!

Scott

Selling all my current toys to build a Twin Turbo Superbird clone "street" car.

69_500

Yuppers I'm here on the southside of Indy.

If your back over here, feel free to give a jingle or stop by. We don't do much during the fall, and honestly the car hasn't even been out of the garage since Carlisle.

hemi68charger

:bump:

Doug, any news yet on hotels? The reason I'm asking is there are people asking me now.........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection