News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone seen a shoe tree?

Started by FastbackJon, October 12, 2005, 09:43:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FastbackJon

I visited this landmark way out in the woods in north eastern Washington State last weekend and added a pair to a limb about 15 feet up.

;D

"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Telvis

FastbackJon

Well why not? It was on my way to the fictional towns of Pineview/Benning Oregon, also located in north eastern Washington State.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

69charger2002

i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Brock Samson

Couple years ago we had a homeless encampment under Hwy 101 raided by the SFPD, there they found a "Needle Tree", Cop told me there were many thousands of needles stuck in it...  :rotz:

moparguy01

guess its no more stupid than carhenge......

Lowprofile

Where's the bunny with the pancake on its head??   ??? :icon_smile_question: ::) :rotz:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Wakko

Which do you prefer?    :icon_smile_cool:
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

derailed

kind of reminds me of my wifes closet

Andrew

Shakey

Every year in January I do a 10 day road trip throughout the SW United States to visit my customers.  I usually take the back roads when I drive from Scottsdale, AZ to LA and found this shoe tree  near TwentyNine Palms, CA.  The photo is from January 2004.

Sure enough, driving through the same stretch of desert this past Janaury, I noticed nothing but a charred stump as someone had burned the thing down.   :shruggy:

From the article posted by Andrew:

A shrunken old desert tree near Vidal, California, on Hwy 62 northest of the junction with Route 177, bore both shoes and a variety of shirts -- until some maniac burned it down in 2004.

This directional sign is also in the desert, in the middle of nowhere!

I know these items are meaningless but I personally think they add a personality to the countryside.

If you would like to see some of the more interesting things I have seen in my travels, I would be happy to share!

Dale The Bold

Time for some bad jokes...

How many feet tall is it?

Think of all the poor people who had to walk back home barefoot.

Who says trees don't have soles?

Far more successful than the used underwear tree.

In case of forest fire, grab a pair and run!

It may seem pointless, but a lot of people get a kick out of that tree.

Just think of all the sweatshop labor that has gone to waste on that tree alone.
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

6pkrunner

Well it certainly may add personality to the countryside, but what type of personality is it adding?  ;D Meaningless - well I'll have to agree there unless someone can toss out some deeper inner quality for it that I'm missing. A possible future tourist attraction? While seeing the World's Largest frying Pan and World's Largest Rubber Band Ball, why not complete your holiday experience with a boo at the World's Largest Shoe Tree.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

psykicpup

its art!   
(nuff said)

snigger
my daughter & boyfriend 'Sunny Sunday'