News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird Clone

Started by S CHARGER, April 19, 2008, 11:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S CHARGER

She's on Ebay:  Item #250238841655

:cheers:

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

A383Wing

Nice car on the outside....interior is another story....easy fix....no front spoiler under the nose....noticed 2 lights under nose cone....

Now....is it my screen, or are there no pop-up headlights? I don't see a break in the headlight pod to nose cone   :scratchchin:

Bryan

daytonakid

Lots of incorrect stuff.
Owner East Portland Auto Body www.eastportlandautobody.com

69bronzeT5

Its more well done than some of the others I've seen. I like the colour scheme
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Ghoste

Well you'd think after spending "thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours" to build it they could have at least finished the interior. 

A383Wing

Where's Cupcake?

He will tell all!!

Bryan

Ghoste

I'm sure the Daytonalo scale of poopie is going to give it a bad review.

A383Wing

Car is about 3 hours from me....and Mrs. Wing & I are heading to Portland next weekend.....  :scratchchin:

Bryan  (like I need another project)  :smilielol:

nakita7

One would think, if your are going to invest all the time and money, you would do it properly.  :rotz:

moparstuart

isnt this the same guy who had that pettyblue mess of a clone , sound just like his decription of that car ?????
  no plug , no working hlps , incorrect taillamps , mess of  an interior. Good  start but it need alot of TLC
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Old Moparz

Not a bad looking car, but definitely expensive (the BIN price of $32K) for one that still needs work. I'd say tops of $25K is about right, but with the nose & wing "welded" on, I'd be afraid of it.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

petercharger

seen the car..looks good from 30 ft..then start noticing that the antenna is missing ..just has base..engine compartment is a quick macco paint job..very un honest description..before bidding must be seen to get the real hours invested..very short of hours described
best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

daytonakid

My original nose was the one they used to measure to make nose. They did not "make molds off my car". They did not want to buy the right parts so they used the 1970 satelite front end parts so nothing from the cowl forward is correct. If you look they used the 1970 satelite front end parts not the 1970 coronet parts.  This is definetly a one off car so if you needed parts you'd have to modify them. Bill
Owner East Portland Auto Body www.eastportlandautobody.com

BigBlockSam

Quote  isnt this the same guy who had that pettyblue mess of a clone , sound just like his decription of that car ??

i got that same feeling when i read thre discription. . seems like no workng headlights is the way to go with replicsas lately. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

pettybird

yes on the petty bird mess...

this car needs $1000.

carpet
enough AutoZone spray paint to finish the damn motor in orange
"                                                                " engine compartment in black OR red
real road runner tails (obviously the car wasn't a sport car or it would have the right tails)
a real gas pedal
a $100 radio and $50 speakers
a non-retarded shifter
rear bench seat upholstery ('67 satellite seats???  sell those cores!) even if you're going to do nothing but stitch the stupid things together yourself from a craft store
replace the sat badge on the dash with a '71-road runner badge (it would look better for the $35 it would cost)

hotrod98

Although incorrect, I applaud the guy that made the satellite fenders work with the bird nose. That wasn't easy. If I hadn't found 70 coronet fenders, that's exactly what I would have had to do. Good coronet fenders are getting scarce.
I wonder how he made the hood fit and what type of hood he used. Appears to be the satellite hood. This car could be reworked a little and a guy could have a nice car. It's just the starting price that would affect the total investment.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

69bronzeT5

The body looks decent. Interior needs work (new seats, a radio faceplate, a new gas pedal..the current one looks stupid) and the engine NEEDS orange valve covers
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

BigBlockSam

what do you think it'll top out at. i say $25000

moparstuart

i'll guess  $ 20,000
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

billssuperbird

66chargerkid

Wow take a good look at that carpet! This car looks like it was just Thrown together. Interior is practically junk, no radio, footprint gas pedal, seats suck, there is an air freshener on the ebrake lmao.
The body looks ok. He even said it has imperfections, paint looks cheap, flat black engine bay, no shine, custom nose doesn't look like a 5 grand job, wrong rear tail lights, no chin spoiler, no a pillar chrome, no plug, no working headlights
engine looks tossed together (blue valve covers, wiring looks 38 years old, radaitor hose looks like crap, the shiniest thing in the engine bay is the air cleaner)
Overall I think this car was thrown together to make a quick buck.
gotta love the dodgecharger.com car rating service =)

petercharger

yup..it's a roughbird..and yes..looking for a lot of benny's.. :angel: :hah: it would be a good start for about 10k and that is being fair
best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

S CHARGER

Peter,

If you can build me one like this for 10K, I will take 5 of them....now get to work for me!

And That is Fair!!!!!!!  :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

472 R/T SE

Quote from: S CHARGER on April 24, 2008, 12:52:40 PM
Peter,

If you can build me one like this for 10K, I will take 5 of them....now get to work for me!

And That is Fair!!!!!!!  :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on December 01, 2007, 04:55:36 PM
Quote from: Slade_Stone50 on November 12, 2007, 08:29:22 PM
What's this car worth?  It's in my hometown, and I am set to go and look at it tomorow.

S
:drool5:

Shouldn't have to go too far, perhaps all you had to do was look out your window?  Familiar "S" in the answers'.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Plymouth-Road-Runner-Superbird-1970-Plymouth-Road-Runner-Superbird-Petty-Blue-NICE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43921QQihZ015QQitemZ250192352316QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Got that familiar "S" in the username and defending it.  Just an observation.  :shruggy:

Not knocking it, just curious.