News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

anyone ever use spray on paint remover?

Started by 41husk, October 13, 2005, 07:27:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

41husk

I used some spray on paint stripper from a local parts star to strip the door jams on the Challenger,  It realy seemed to work well I was thinking about using it on the underside of the hood for the same reason (no way to DA and real hard to hand sand) any thoughts on this or suggestions?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

quikshft

I've used an aerosal paint stripper, it's convenient for sure and about as effective as any other stripper I've used. I keep a can just for small jobs.
As far as your underhood, I just did mine not too long ago and used a high rpm air tool with with a 2" disc to sand down thru the original paint. This was pretty fast but of course it didn't get all areas of the hood and there was some hand sanding also to do. It's a time consuming job for certain but to me it's something that has to be done and done right...if you don't take the time to get it right it will show. A nice underhood to me is just as important as the exterior.

haueter66

i spent the money to get my hood bead blasted underneath... I would be worried about getting stripper down in somewhere that I couldnt get it back out of... just my 2 pennies

Mfr426

I used it on my engine block and it saved me a ton of time! I just made sure that I cleaned the finished product before I painted it. So far no problems.