News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

unread posts

Started by 4cruzin, October 13, 2005, 12:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4cruzin

I've notice that everytime I visit the board and click the "show unread posts since last visit" link, there aren't ever any there??  While I'm logged on to the board, it will start to fill up and I know there have been posts since I was last here??  Anyone have the same problem??   ???
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

BB1

Me, I don't know why either. 4 weeks ago it was fine.  ;)
Delete my profile

Silver R/T

thats why theres "new" icon next to post names always to show ones that you havent read
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Troy

Quote from: Silver R/T on October 13, 2005, 01:21:30 PM
thats why theres "new" icon next to post names always to show ones that you havent read

If one doesn't work then neither will the other.

I'll check into it but it is working fine for me. The only thing that may cause it is a cookie problem or maybe the last logged in date isn't quite right.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

4cruzin

I have also noticed that when I first arrive on the main page, the board won't recognise me as 4cruzin until I click on one of the sub catagories.   As soon as I click on off topic section or another, then the board will pull up my avatar and info.   But while on the main page, I'm a guest??   Wierd.       It is checked to log me in forever! 

Troy

Did you try logging out and then back on? Sounds like a cookie problem but I need to check to see if it's writing more than one. If you log out, don't set it to keep you logged in forever when you first come back.

When you are on the main index, do you see all three of these different images?

Troy

4cruzin

I do see the icons.  But I think now that it had to do with the link that I had saved to access the site.  I saved the link when you first started the site and although it still sent me to the site, it wouldn't keep me logged in.  Now that I saved a new one . . . it seems to be working.  It was the "some kind of charger" link.  That my take on it for right now!      

Troy

Yep, I changed the cookie when we finally got a name. You can actually get here via 6 different names but the cookies are stored only for dodge-charger.com. Once you click any link it should contain the correct name and everything works again. Glad you got it figured out! :thumbs:

Troy