News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

someone trying to scam me?

Started by Silver R/T, July 26, 2005, 10:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver R/T

Ok this sounds fishy to me...
im selling parts off of whats left of 2003 Montero for my uncle, posted few parts on ebay, no luck selling just bunch of emails, wasting my time on bs'rs. then i posted parts for sale on montero forum
Now this guy emails me... with emails following

"James by name,I came across your 2003 Montero Parts for sale which i am interested in,and i am ready to purchase it immediately.But i would like to know the present status and it's cost price so that I can proceed further on with payment, for the shippment I have a reputable shipping
Awaiting your favourable reply.
Regards..
James............"

heres next one

"Hello,

Thanks for the reply,i really appreciate it.Pls give me all the list of the part you have in store and the prices.I  will like to know the present condition as well as the pictures if possible,I am not presently in town now ,as i am on a business trip in  Southwales, U.k. Concerning the shipping, i will be responsible for it.

I will await your prompt reply.

My regards to you and your family.

James"

so I sent him list of parts...

"engine $ 1500
trans $750
transfer case $650
rear bumper w/ lights $300
tail light (right) $50
carrier/differential front $300
/rear $350
engine cradle
interior/console" and cd player $100

he sent me this

"Dear Max,

Thanks for your recent mail.The price of all the part ($4000) is okay by me, and i am ready to purchase it immediately,but concerning the shipping,like i told you that my shipping agent will take care of that. So please if this is okay by you provide me with your contact address and phone number where the payment will be sent to.

So that i will contact my client immediately that owes me $8,500, and i will instruct him to pay you on my behalf ok,and as soon as the payment get to you i would like you to cash it immediately and deduct your money,and send the remaining balance to my shipping agent so that he can be able to pay and make an arrangement for the pick-up ok.And as soon as you provide me with your contact address payment will be made out to you immediately.Hope to see your urgent reply soonest.

My best regards to your family

James"

so it this guy just wasting my time im gonna mess him up. let me know what you think
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Chargerguy74

That last email of his sounds pretty fishy with the whole he'll pay you, you pay me thing.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

Drache

Yum she's a scam! I've had almost the same looking emails concering my PS2 that I'm trying to sell. What he'll tell you next is that a third party will be paying you but at the same time he wantsa third party shipping company to pick up the parts.

If you want to find out if it's a scam simply write an email like this.

"Dear Buyer,

If you are still intersted in the parts I will except a money order for the price of all the parts. I will then allow pickup of the parts 3 days AFTER the money order has been cashed in and the cahs in my hand. I will not release the parts before that. Thank you and sorry for any inconvience."
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

triple_green

That is worded just like the scammers that contacted me about the Vette on Craigslist.
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

Drache

Well write an email like a suggested and you'll never hear another thing from them again! Works everytime!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Silver R/T

thanks, it just pisses me off that some f800head would actually go to forums and register just to scam someone whos trying to make a buck, thanks for verifying this for me

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Drache

Quote from: Silver R/T on July 26, 2005, 11:03:09 PM
thanks, it just pisses me off that some f800head would actually go to forums and register just to scam someone whos trying to make a buck, thanks for verifying this for me

Hey I've had people from the U.S. trying to scam me and they only way they could get my email address would be to look in CANADIAN classifieds... they are a desperate bunch!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Chargerguy74

I've been scammed like this once before, only I was the buyer. The seller is now in prison for fraud.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

Silver R/T

ya either that or gut em lol. check out my other thread posted recently, thats what coming to damn scam artists He he he (evil plan of Silver muhahahha)

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

SeattleCharger

That is a basic scam that I receive everytime I post a vehicle for sale online on craigslist, an online site sort of like buy-n-sell or little nickel.   If you cash the money order, you are liable and held responsible for the funds by the bank, period.   If you send them the balance, they keep it, and you are out all the money yourself.  

In fact, here is an email I received after posting a "for sale" ad for my Dodge pickup.   Sound familiar?   Total scam.

This is what it said:
"Gooday seller,
       My name is Thomas bob and i have a client that is interested in buying your item,he informed me that the payment will be remmited via a cashiers check.In order to conclude the deal as soon as possible, the cashiers check that will be sent to you will include the money for the sales of your item and the shippers fees for organising a home pick up service.You do not need to worry as my shipping company will come to pick the item up from your base for shipment. What I want to clarify is that will you be able to send the shipping charges to the shipping agent in U S through western union Transfer method as soon as you get and cash the check and you deduct the money for the sales of your item?If you agree to assist in this capacity, send your full name,your address and phone numbers.which will be use for issue of the payment, hope to read from you sooner.
Thomas bob."

Here is the warning Craigslist puts up when you go to place an ad:

"FRAUD BULLETIN - please be EXTREMELY WARY of offers by distant strangers to send you a high value (but counterfeit) cashier's check, and then have you wire the balance to them. These offers are sometimes emailed to craigslist posters, often as offers for sale items. Banks will cash these counterfeit checks, but then hold you responsible for the funds when the check fails to clear! If you suspect such a scam, or have been victimized, you should contact your local Secret Service field office and/or the FTC toll-free at 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357) or use the complaint form at www.ftc.gov, or call the Canadian PhoneBusters hotline toll-free at 1-888-495-8501. More info on our current scams page"

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

tomonty

Someone needs to find these little bastards and give them a beating. Total BS.
It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. - H.L. Mencken

RECHRGD

Hey! That's the same guy from Africa that wants to put 4 million in my bank account and I just have to give him back 2 million.  Does this mean I made a mistake by giving him my account #, Mother's maiden name and SS#?  I sure hope not.  I just ordered one of those cool new Chargers.    ;) Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Drache

Quote from: RECHRGD on July 27, 2005, 08:25:31 AM
Hey! That's the same guy from Africa that wants to put 4 million in my bank account and I just have to give him back 2 million.   Does this mean I made a mistake by giving him my account #, Mother's maiden name and SS#?   I sure hope not.   I just ordered one of those cool new Chargers.      ;) Bob

You sound like a Ford lover....  :icon_smile_big:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

MoparYoungGun

SCAM! Sounds like pure B.S. to me. Some people (guy getting hit with the chair is the scammer) !

Drache

Like I said moments after you posted Silver... it's a scam! Pure  :icon_bs:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Silver R/T

thanks for clarifying this for me

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Sledge57

The worst part of this scam is how many people are still falling for it.
It's been around a long time.
Doug
POS Pedal Car
Best to Date: 11.93 @ 113.41

POS Pedal Car Vid