News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

distributor cap question

Started by cudadude013, April 30, 2008, 10:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudadude013

so I found a diagram to hook the cables up to my distributor cap but how do you tell which plug on the cap is number 1   ?

71charger_fan

Bring #1 cylinder up to TDC on the compression stroke. The terminal the rotor is pointing at is #1.

1969chargerrtse

There should be a 1 marked on the cap.  Then use this site for all the other info.  As  mentioned before, pull the number one plug, crank it over until air comes out as piston is coming up, get near the top and then match up your timing mark and that's the start.  If the distributor has been removed you need to put it in the gear slot that aligns the rotor to the #1 postion on the cap.  Mine had a 1 where that spot is, but you could search the internet as I did to find a picture of where that is.  If you just removed the wires and are replacing them, then it's easier.  Looking at the cap from the front it's at about 7 O clock position.  Good Luck.

http://boxwrench.net/specs/bchrys_B.htm
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.