News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Which Heads?

Started by doctorpimp, July 26, 2005, 11:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doctorpimp

Which brand of heads would be the best choice for a stroker 400 - Stage VI or Edelbrock?
'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

Ghoste

Or Indy?
What other mods are you planning?

doctorpimp

I don't want to spend a fortune on heads, but I want a good aluminum, streetable head for a 499 ci B eng.  80-88cc chambers, for about 11:1 compression
I want to use commonly avail int manifolds etc.
'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

Chryco Psycho

I would use Bulldogs or stage 6 , the advantage of using stage 6 is you can use the bigger 440 intake which really helps feed the engine

firefighter3931

It depends on how much power you want to make. If 600hp is enough, the Edelbrock's will get the job done. More than that will require a better head, bigger intake and carb. The Indy ez-1's with a max wedge intake port and matching manifold would be my choice for a build of that magnitude.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

71 Pro Street