News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Correct color or paint process for the 71 R/T tail lights

Started by flashley18, October 14, 2005, 09:33:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flashley18

Does anyone know the proper paint color or painting process to get the original charcoal look on the tail light bezels on the 71 R/T.  Just plain black was not the way mine came from the factory.  It was more of a uneven charcoal.

71 RT

Great questions, I will give you what little information I have about it.  There were actually 3 different colors on the R/T tail light bezels.  Black, silver, and a charcoal.  I found a guy to redo mine, takes a lot of time masking it off to do it right.  The bright silver gies around the outside edge, the charcoal inside.  I will attach a picture of my bezels, I believe it to be correct, depends on who you ask. As far as the exact paint codes or colors, I can not help you.  Hope this helps some.

71 RT

Here is another picture of a set of NOS pieces, right out of the box.

flashley18

Thanks for the pictures-  those look more like mine did when the car was new.  I have some 25 year old pictures that show they were not all black but the pictures are not clear enough to see any detail.