News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440 rebuild driving me crazy,ahhhhhh!

Started by superbee1, May 11, 2008, 09:23:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

superbee1

Here is my situation:
I have a '67 hp 440 block that has been bored .030. What I am wanting is just a solid performing street machine, nothing outrageous. I want to run thr stock converter with the 2.76 gears it came with (these will sonn be changed). I am going to run the 452 heads i have up top. I had decided on the speed pro 2355's from summit but the don't have them right now in .030 over. Is there a comparable piston around the same price that would work well? MAybe a silvolite even though they are not forged? I am going to go with a proform 750 carb and a voodoo 628 grind. You guys have always been great help and I appreciate all your help.

Probably gunna need header and intake advise too if you wanna throw that in too.

grdprx

I'm having the same problem trying to get Speed pro 2355's!  I ordered mine in early May, was told I'd have them the first week of June.  I needed .060

Now it's the 1st week of July.  I got pissed, so I called up Mancini to see if they could do any better.  They told me the 2355's were discontinued.

Any suggestions for a comparable piston?

RD

i have actually had good luck with KB's, but many on this board will call me crazy because it is not a forged piston.

found that to be interesting considering all of our engines came out of the factory with cast pistons.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander