News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 charger 500 in montana craigslist for 45k

Started by petercharger, May 11, 2008, 11:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

I once had a '66 Sport Fury that had the exact same bug shield on it when I bought the car.   :lol:

The bug shield was only one of about a half dozen oddball things on the car that all looked like they came from JC Whitney. There were chrome, driving lights mounted in the back window on the package tray that faced rearward. They were hooked up to the reverse lights, so I guess the idea was to brighten up the area behind the car. All they did was light up the back window with a huge glare so you couldn't see out at all.  :lol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Bug shield C500

I thought I saw a MoPar Performance part number....  :scratchchin: wasn't it part of the Aero package to keep it from going tooooo FAST!!!   :D
1969 charger 500 bugshield addition
1970 cuda 446-6 hole in the hood
1973 charger se 400
1973 sportman van 12 passanger (wife hates this one)

hotrod98

My personal opinion, which isn't worth all that much really, is to take a nice big poster size pic of the car with the bugshield on, take it to the shows with you and leave the bug shield off of the car entirely.
While the shield is part of the history, the car looks so good without it. Very nice car.  :2thumbs:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

PocketThunder

Quote from: moparstuart on June 27, 2008, 09:24:59 AM
Quote from: PocketThunder on June 27, 2008, 09:08:13 AM
who makes the bug shield?
thinking of getting you one for the hill side  ?    :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Well, ya know, its kind of cool and i'm just thinking out loud here....  :scratchchin:   :shruggy:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on June 27, 2008, 11:51:27 AM
Quote from: moparstuart on June 27, 2008, 09:24:59 AM
Quote from: PocketThunder on June 27, 2008, 09:08:13 AM
who makes the bug shield?
thinking of getting you one for the hill side  ?    :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Well, ya know, its kind of cool and i'm just thinking out loud here....  :scratchchin:   :shruggy:
I want a picture of them parked next to each other ! 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BigBlockSam

Quoteleave the bug shield off of the car entirely.

:yesnod:  put it up on the wall in your garage and   take it to shows and lay it in front of the car when you show it .  it's a good conversation piece
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

als500

69_500

Quote from: als500 on July 18, 2008, 09:47:42 PM
Sweeeeeet! :icon_smile_cool:

Was just talking about your car to a person on the phone. I think that I've talked to more people in the last 8 months that have 500's than I had in the last 8 years. Its amazing how many I've ran into in the last year.

als500

Quote from: 69_500 on July 18, 2008, 09:51:05 PM

Was just talking about your car to a person on the phone. I think that I've talked to more people in the last 8 months that have 500's than I had in the last 8 years. Its amazing how many I've ran into in the last year.
Dan that man, I hope everything is well...

hemi68charger

You aren't hurt are you? Besides that, you didn't do any damage to any of those C500's after running into them.......  :icon_smile_big:

I agree, the C500's have surfaced left-right and center........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

Quote from: hemi68charger on July 19, 2008, 07:46:55 AM

You aren't hurt are you? Besides that, you didn't do any damage to any of those C500's after running into them.......  :icon_smile_big:

I agree, the C500's have surfaced left-right and center........

Troy

Nope no injuries yet after "running" into many of them in the past year. Only minor cuts and scrapes. Actually have cut myself a few times when looking at them. Usually because I'm trying to crawl under them, or in some cases to them, or even through one.

mysil bergsprekken

69 charger RT