News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

? on qtr panel replac. & rotisseriee

Started by MyMopar, October 14, 2005, 02:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyMopar

Ok so I might finally be moving into a house with a 4 car garage,  so I will be able to restore my Charger now.  My question is this.  I have to replace both Qtr's along with other various panels.  I want to make a rotisseriee (sp.) so that I can have full access to the top and bottom.  From some pics I remember the rotisseriee bolts to the bumper area of the car.  Will this tweak the body any if I remove the qtr panel area?  Is it better to cut the qtr with the car on the ground completly intact?  Just need to know so I can start looking for plans on the rotisseriee and build it up.

Blown70

Drop Top

I would suggest. Replacing all sheet metal before putting it on the rotisserie. Put the car on good solid ground on a set of good jack stands. This will help to keep the car straight and true. Replace one panel at a time.

MyMopar

Perfect that is the info I needed.  I'll do the body panels first then build the rotiss. to finish off the final work and detailing.

69hemi

Quote from: Drop Top on October 15, 2005, 09:33:01 AM
I would suggest. Replacing all sheet metal before putting it on the rotisserie. Put the car on good solid ground on a set of good jack stands. This will help to keep the car straight and true. Replace one panel at a time.

:iagree:

Do not try to cut and weld body panels on a rotisserie but get four sturdy jack stands and place them where the weight of the car will rest when it is on its suspension.  Mark each corner on the floor with a plumb bob then make sure your car is square.  Then proceed with your metal work.  If you do it any other way the car will not fit right.
http://www.69hemi.com
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
1964 Hemi Superstock Dodge
02 Ram
95 Ram