News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

7 days of rain........

Started by ChargerAndy, October 14, 2005, 07:28:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerAndy

It's been raining here pretty steady since last Sunday. I had an uncovered garbage can outside, that is to say it was emptied Tuesday and has been catching rain for 4 days..... this afternoon it measured 19 inches. The rain is forcast to end tomorrow sometime and I can't wait to see the Sun again. I guess I have cabin fever. I'm also tired of pumping out the excavation for the addition to my house which was filling up with water and is basically a mess from the mini mudslides....... nothing compared to the hurricane damage down south, thank God. I guess I really have nothing to complain about but I've never experienced 7 straight days of double digit rain before   :bawling:  Andy

Old Moparz

Same complaint here, rain, rain & more rain. There was so much the awning on our camping trailer caved in. We just got this one in August & only used it 3 times. We've camped for years & never had an awning on any of the old, used trailers we owned. My wife was happy to get the new one with the awning. Now we have ripped material & scrap metal. We camped last weekend in the rain & had the awning out after we got home so it wouldn't get mildew & corrosion inside. It was tilted outward & rearward for runoff, but some leaves must have trapped water & it came down so heavy it just wiped out the awning.

Oh well, there's insurance after the deductable, so we'll see what it costs us since nature is a mother.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

TruckDriver

Could be much worse, could be all snow! Just think, 1 inch rain = 3 inches of snow. = 57 inches of snow :o
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

ChargerAndy

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on October 14, 2005, 07:53:32 PM
Could be much worse, could be all snow! Just think, 1 inch rain = 3 inches of snow. = 57 inches of snow :o

Actually, I always thought 1" of rain equals 12" of snow?  Anybody know for sure? Either way, still lucky it's just rain  :P

Vainglory, Esq.

It hasn't rained in months here.  And it probably won't again until December.

The only downside is the whole brush fire thing...

BigBlockSam

the rain sucks, i got a bad case of cabin fever. plus i got alot to get done before the snows come. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

nh_mopar_fan

Same here. It held off for a good part of the day. Long enough for a couple real nice guy to load the Dart on a trailer and head back to PA.

Chargerguy74

yeah, 1 inch of rain is 12 inches of snow.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

AKcharger

I have 2 cars to get ready for a show Saturday...I'll have to be up at 0630 to wash/wax them before we leave, Couldn't touch 'em in all the rain

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Old Moparz

Good news, I get a call from my wife at work to tell me the basement floor is completely covered with water.  ::)  Never had any water except dampness that the dehumidifier takes care of since we lived here, & we've lived here since 1989. I just spent 4 hours pumping water out. There was 3 " of it on the floor & now there's 1" so I'm going to bed & will get the rest in the morning.

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on October 14, 2005, 09:05:21 PM
Same here. It held off for a good part of the day. Long enough for a couple real nice guy to load the Dart on a trailer and head back to PA.

Hey, does that mean you sold the Dart & have Charger money now?  :2thumbs:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

TheGhost

I'd rather have rain than snow.  They don't salt the roads for rain.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

psykicpup

I know its hard to believe but here on the South Coast of England we need 25% extra rain this winter just to get our reserviors back up to normal ! so if you can teach those clouds to map read........ :icon_smile_wink:
my daughter & boyfriend 'Sunny Sunday'

DFPA and proud of it!

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: Old Moparz on October 15, 2005, 12:07:21 AM
Good news, I get a call from my wife at work to tell me the basement floor is completely covered with water.  ::)  Never had any water except dampness that the dehumidifier takes care of since we lived here, & we've lived here since 1989. I just spent 4 hours pumping water out. There was 3 " of it on the floor & now there's 1" so I'm going to bed & will get the rest in the morning.

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on October 14, 2005, 09:05:21 PM

Hey, does that mean you sold the Dart & have Charger money now?  :2thumbs:

I have a nice start toward some Charger money.....

andy74

the sun just poked out here, its been raining since last friday-8 days of grey cold rain! i think im going to wash the charger and go for a ride-still only 55 degrees,but it does beat snow-i dont have to shovel rain

BrianShaughnessy

Yes... yes... yes...  The sun is out, the sun is out.. YAY!!!  :icon_smile_cool:

Now see, if we lived out in CA or FL or one of them other disaster prone areas we wouldn't have much to celebrate now would we?  :icon_smile_big:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

bull

Heh. I live in northwest Oregon. I know about rain. Seven days, seven weeks, seven months...

ChargerAndy

Well I got up this morning and looked through the window out to my excavation and thought I saw a familiar sight, the water being up to the top of my first row of new foundation cinder-block. OK, no big deal, if it were any higher it would flood my basement because of a pre-existing hole where my street water line comes through my foundation and that hole is just above the first row of block. Well, I go outside for a real look......... and it is not up to the first row of block, but up to my second row of block, I cant even see the water line that goes through the basement wall...... I start the pump and borrow another from my neighbor and now Im just wet vac'ing the basement. What a mess.
    I am adding onto my house, 2 story addition-garage apartment. I am doing the foundation myself, thank God I got the footing in and the corners of the foundation up but I would have been way way ahead if this rain didn't come for 2 more weeks. Now I have so much mud that caved into the hole, so much more digging   :rotz: ahh well, who knew.... and like I said before, it certainly could have been worse.....

Bull, 7 weeks or months of rain? Dude.... move to NY, 7 day rains only come once every 30 years or so   ;)   more cruisin days Buddy!    ;D Andy

Lowprofile

Quote from: bull on October 15, 2005, 10:21:05 AM
Heh. I live in northwest Oregon. I know about rain. Seven days, seven weeks, seven months...

You better get busy building that Ark. :D
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL