News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona In Australia! - Chryslers on the Murray 2020

Started by Tim L, May 17, 2008, 01:30:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

earnie

bigfastjohn

Ernie fear not it will happen soon .Tim and I  His dad only work on this car as a team.  If he is not there I mess with other projects.  His lady is soon to go to Denmark on a scholership and then he and I will make lots of progress.

Tim L

Earnie, not a single thing to report ::)!! There are a couple of things in the way atm, but come mid July that will all change. The car will be back on track and assembly will be happening again at a far greater rate than the six days we have spent since she came home in March. On another note, we did have the pleasure of meeting another fellow wing car owner Rick, who has the petty blue Superbird (on dodgecharger.com forum) in South Australia. Rick was very interested to check out the Dodge and compare the aero hardware on it in comparison to what he had at home. He had made the trek over to Victoria along with his friend who had brought over a very nice, 67' Cuda formula S to cruise in for the show on the weekend. I hope they enjoyed their stay and the show.

Tim.
JS23N0E
BS23H1B
XX29L9B381541

Tim L

JS23N0E
BS23H1B
XX29L9B381541

earnie

ok i am jonsin for pics =any new pics of this sweet restoration

Tim L

It all begins again this weekend... :2thumbs:
JS23N0E
BS23H1B
XX29L9B381541

earnie

Tim L

Brake lines, fuel lines, rear window winder assemblies, had to make up and put some metal plates under where the wing braces meet the trunk floor as there was a gap and we didn't want to put to much tension on the tops of the quarter. Few other odds and ends but dad was away the other weekend and I've been working the last couple so... next weekend is the next scheduled progress date.
JS23N0E
BS23H1B
XX29L9B381541

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

loudmouthaussie

:o hadn't been on here for over a year i think. nice one tim and john!  :2thumbs:

hopefully ill see it in chrysler action mag soon?

cover and poster feature i hope, as its worth it (unless theres a 4 door pacer more deserving? LOL)

anyhow if you have it @ COTM 2013 reckon i might come 1700km just to see it up close  :scratchchin:
1970 PLYMOUTH SUPERBIRD. 440/6BBL/BENCH/AUTO/VITAMIN C.
1979 FORD RANCHERO GT 351.
1960 AUSTIN HEALEY MK1 BUGEYE SPRITE 1275/4 SPEED.

Tim L

QuoteShocked hadn't been on here for over a year i think. nice one tim and john!  2thumbs

hopefully ill see it in chrysler action mag soon?

cover and poster feature i hope, as its worth it (unless theres a 4 door pacer more deserving? LOL)

anyhow if you have it @ COTM 2013 reckon i might come 1700km just to see it up close  scratchchin

L.M.A, It's sure coming along it's just getting together to work on it that's all. I'm sure when done somebody somewhere will take an interest in it and it'll turn up in one publication or another.

Mopars on the Murray next year.. should be there, but we'll wait and see. I don't know where your located but we have discussed the possibility of in time, driving it to Mopar Sunday! That's about 1,600kms or 990 miles. Maybe we could start a charity to subsidise the fuels costs!

Thanks for looking, Tim.
JS23N0E
BS23H1B
XX29L9B381541

loudmouthaussie

Sweet. Well im in brissy so mopar sunday would be great :-)
1970 PLYMOUTH SUPERBIRD. 440/6BBL/BENCH/AUTO/VITAMIN C.
1979 FORD RANCHERO GT 351.
1960 AUSTIN HEALEY MK1 BUGEYE SPRITE 1275/4 SPEED.

earnie

Tim L

Just for you Earnie :2thumbs:

Got the rear side windows in and adjusted them as much as is possible atm, the original glass is in excellent condition with the exception of one very small mark on the passengers side.
Painted the door blackouts as close to factory as I could get them. It was a pretty cold weekend so the epoxy didn't dry in time which killed off the door assembly plans.
Nose cone assembly commenced, that was slow and trying to sort through all the parts to find what you need makes you wish you were a little better organised but even still, I suspect the assembly and fitment will be truckloads of fun and colourful language.
We fabricated the skid plate to protect the overdrive and after a trial fit and a couple of slight mods, it appears to sit pretty snug. The overdrive was hanging down a long way and had the potential to become a major issue, hopefully this will prevent that......

The auto electrician has been organised and will appear once he returns from his trip too the USA in a month or so.

Any words of advice in regards to nose cone assembly would be greatly appreciated!

Enjoy, Tim.
JS23N0E
BS23H1B
XX29L9B381541

Tim L

JS23N0E
BS23H1B
XX29L9B381541

Tim L

Saw this Mustang at a yard in town on Saturday, I felt pretty bad for the poor guy who owned it. Apparently, it was 1 of 200 (don't quote me on that) that Ford brought to Australia and sold new off showroom floors in 1966, which is news to me.

Looking at this photo sure makes you think, doesn't it......
JS23N0E
BS23H1B
XX29L9B381541

hemi68charger

Quote from: Tim L on August 20, 2012, 06:30:56 AM
We fabricated the skid plate to protect the overdrive and after a trial fit and a couple of slight mods, it appears to sit pretty snug. The overdrive was hanging down a long way and had the potential to become a major issue, hopefully this will prevent that......

:2thumbs:  I love the Overdrive in my Daytona..........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

charger Downunder

Quote from: Tim L on August 20, 2012, 06:43:48 AM
Saw this Mustang at a yard in town on Saturday, I felt pretty bad for the poor guy who owned it. Apparently, it was 1 of 200 (don't quote me on that) that Ford brought to Australia and sold new off showroom floors in 1966, which is news to me.

Looking at this photo sure makes you think, doesn't it......
what a shame. The chap that works with me his fathers job was to convert them to right hook for Ford Australia.
[/quote]

Tim L

Quote:2thumbs: I love the Overdrive in my Daytona..........

Troy, yours is a later model I believe. What's the ground clearance like?
JS23N0E
BS23H1B
XX29L9B381541

richRTSE

Looks great Tim!  :drool5:

One thing though, and I could be wrong since its been a few years since I did my car, but looking at this picture I think you needed to put the stainless trim on the top edge of the quarterpanel before you put the window fuzzies on... :shruggy:

earnie

thanks for the update, hope im not being a pain in the a$$, i just enjoy seeing this phoenix arise again

Tim L

Quotethanks for the update, hope im not being a pain in the a$$, i just enjoy seeing this phoenix arise again

All good mate  :cheers:
It is great seeing the enthusiasm for the resurrection, I find myself looking through the photos of this thing (about 1600 of them to date) time and time again... Did you know of the car prior to it being on here?

Tim
JS23N0E
BS23H1B
XX29L9B381541

Ghoste

It's a little surprising to me that Ford would only send 200 Mustangs to Australia in 1966.

bigfastjohn

Ghoste  that was the only year we got any Mustangs well maybe  5 or so 69s.   We only got A body mopars and no big blocks,  a small block V8 was always top of the line here whether it was Ford,Mopar or GM (Holden) Of course lots of people like US muscle cars but they have to be privately imported. Remember we drive on the opposite LHS of the road(dont ask me why apparently about  1/3 0f the world does it)  This of course makes it far more difficult  for the motor companies to comply with OUR BULLS--T.         

Ghoste

The rhd compliance I understand for the most part but in a case of a crazy success story like the 66 Mustang you have to almost wonder why they didn't tool a plant up in Australia and take the risk knocking out rhd drive ones.