News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona In Australia! - Chryslers on the Murray 2020

Started by Tim L, May 17, 2008, 01:30:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aero426

The green Bird was Steve Fisher's car from the mid to late 1980's.    I am not sure what happened to him.     Steve was very gung-ho for a number of years.   

Tim L

We'll do our  best not to turn her upside down again!
Steve Fisher lives in the US, he took one superbird with him and sold the other to someone over there.
Tim
JS23N0E
BS23H1B
XX29L9B381541

talkiemopar

Steve's green bird was one number (179714) above mine (179713). He is one of the good guys.  Rick. :2thumbs: :cheers:

earnie

any new updates on this beutiful resto

moparstuart

Quote from: talkiemopar on May 21, 2013, 07:08:01 PM
Steve's green bird was one number (179714) above mine (179713). He is one of the good guys.  Rick. :2thumbs: :cheers:
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:  man i miss you   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

talkiemopar

Stuart, The Ann Arbor meet was good, but would have been better with you there. :popcrn: :cheers:   Rick.

moparstuart

Quote from: talkiemopar on June 24, 2013, 01:57:51 PM
Stuart, The Ann Arbor meet was good, but would have been better with you there. :popcrn: :cheers:   Rick.
car is still part hopefully minnesota next year ,  I know i cant afford to take the car to talledga next year  but maybe i can hitch a ride with wayne or someone at least .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Tim L

Auto elect has been through car but otherwise she is just sitting with life getting in the way atm, hopefully time will allow for me to get up there mid next month as we are getting pretty close now. Few bits and pieces have come in from the states recently and hopefully the Glen-ray 26" 054 is amongst them, I just have to get an afternoon off work to go and collect them from the shipping agent.....

Stay tuned, Tim.
JS23N0E
BS23H1B
XX29L9B381541

djcarguy

WHAT ya say stay tuned???       Then  2 months of nothing Iam going thru withdrawl here,haha..  its crewall an unuseable punishmint,,get us hooked on the good stuff,the top drug for a mopar junky,the saving an assembly of the wing car best hi a DAYTONA....
 then months of cold turkey,haha..  well just looking for a mopar fix...  hope to get one soon....lol; DJ :drool5:

Tim L

Been a while since I have posted anything and it's been a while since anything has happened. Had a few issues within the family which grounded the Daytona. I have been focusing on my Cuda in the meantime but things have now moved on and the Daytona is going ahead once again.

Last time we were waiting on the auto elec who has since been and gone. He went through and checked the original loom made a few adjustments like the addition of a headlight relay and was happy all in all.

The Glen Ray 054 radiator came in and is an absolute master piece, he really does a nice job.

The original Daytona rear glass was given a good clean up, between a razor blade, clay block, some Meguiars Ultimate Compound (cutter) and wax it came up really good with the exception of a few deep little scratches. It was installed this weekend under the supervision of a friend with quite a bit of experience. The windshield would have been in also but when I went to pick it up on Friday it was no longer available.

The nose cone saw the final few adjustments and is now sitting there ready to be hung.

We started and ran the car today for 5 minutes or so, it was the first time she had been started. She is still on stands until the few minor under body tasks are finished. The tail shaft is not in as it needs to be shortened due to the GV overdrive.

Our body guy is away at the moment but will come and assist us in the hanging of the front sheet metal around middle of this month so hopefully next update we'll be looking at a car that is 99% complete and drivable, that is, until we start on the gremlins!

I was chauffeured to work on the Daytona by my mate in his new 6-speed Challenger SRT, pretty cool car which likes to move for the size of it. The new Challengers seem to be a bit of an anomaly down here as I've only seen one or two others on the road. A very good job by the gentleman who did the left to right hand drive conversion...

Cheers, Tim.
JS23N0E
BS23H1B
XX29L9B381541

chargerman69

Its looking good, colours on your buddys challenger are sweat, i wood take a right hand one here in canada

Finn

Glad to hear an update, and wow, that right hand challenger is a trip! :cheers:
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Tim L

Still progressing.

Anybody have two decent sets of these door top trim clips (one for each side) that they would like to part ways with?
JS23N0E
BS23H1B
XX29L9B381541

djcarguy

YOUR GUYS DAYTONA IS LOOKING GREAT. ANY MORE PIXS FULL CAR MAYBEE,THANKS DJ---   SORRY CAPS FORGOT IT WAS ON sorry-- more pix will get the daytona -mopar crowd fired up again AWsum color an car,,DJ :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :cheers: :cheers:

Tim L

Dj, she's going in for an exhaust on the 24th. Windshield should have come in by then and have been installed. Then we'll be hanging the front sheet metal and we'll see some complete photos after a good wash!
Cheers, Tim.
JS23N0E
BS23H1B
XX29L9B381541

earnie

Tim L

Off she goes for an exhaust
JS23N0E
BS23H1B
XX29L9B381541

Tim L

The Daytona is finally back together after leading a very interesting life for the last 38 years!  :cheers:

-Crashed in 1976
-Sat beside a house in Chalfont PA until 1979
-Bought by Mike Meguire and Ernie Palanches (Forgive me if the spelling's incorrect) and traded one week later as part of a deal for a Superbird with Dave Patik
-Stored in a barn in Iowa by Dave Patik from 1979 - 1994
-Sold on Dave Patiks behalf through Galen Govier 1994
-Purchased by Tom P in 1994
-Seen at many Mopar events collecting parts/for sale throughout the years until 2008
-Purchased and Shipped to Australia 2008

This car would not be what it is today if it were not for Occa Tingay and Craig who showed their true talent and craftsmanship resurrecting the body, thank you.
JS23N0E
BS23H1B
XX29L9B381541

Tim L

Thank you to Andre Clemann who brought a lot to the table and made this project happen far quicker than it would have, lets hope that Gear Vendors unit works!!
JS23N0E
BS23H1B
XX29L9B381541

Tim L

First bath in a looong time...
JS23N0E
BS23H1B
XX29L9B381541

Tim L

Clean
JS23N0E
BS23H1B
XX29L9B381541

Tim L

JS23N0E
BS23H1B
XX29L9B381541

Tim L

JS23N0E
BS23H1B
XX29L9B381541

Tim L

Last but far from least, thank you to Australia's fastest dad, for giving us the privilege of helping bring your amazing car back to life.

Tim.
JS23N0E
BS23H1B
XX29L9B381541

earnie