News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My 70 R/T Restoration - Coles Notes Progress - Photo Version

Started by Dodge Don, May 17, 2008, 01:42:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodge Don

There is a much larger thread on my resto on the 70 Charger Registry site but here is a very condensed photo version....every single part has been restored or replaced.

http://1970chargerregistry.com/70messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=5486&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

CB

Your Charger is better then new! Indeed impressive, great job :2thumbs:
I will not ask you how much $$ you got into the restoration  :icon_smile_blackeye:
Congrats Don
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

The Kid

Lookin' real good Don :2thumbs: !

Is there a link to the full resto page?

dpm68

Big Lebowski

"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Charger-Bodie

Looking awesome Don!!

What point is the body at right now?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

evil1

Looks like you're doing a very good job on the resto       :2thumbs:

charger01

I have seen so many chargers for sale stating "totally restored".   This is what a totally restored car looks like fellas............Amazing work

hemi-hampton

Yeah, there's a big differance between restored & RESTORED, Looks like Don is doing it right, Impressive :2thumbs: As for price I'm sure Don can tell you very expensive. LEON.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Dodge Don

Quote from: hemi-hampton on May 17, 2008, 03:35:05 PM
Yeah, there's a big differance between restored & RESTORED, Looks like Don is doing it right, Impressive :2thumbs: As for price I'm sure Don can tell you very expensive. LEON.

Leon is my spiritual advisor on bodywork  :yesnod:

Yes....it is expensive. If I ever did one again I "might" not be so anal....drives up the cost when you nitpick over details no one will ever see. But you know.

Sixtyeight

Looking very good, sure brings back some memories!

Jeroen.

Charger Registration of the Netherlands / www.charger.nl
1968 R/T Charger
1969 Base Charger

TripleBlackGator

I'm sitting here thinking. Tapping the mouse key. Minutes go by. I'm writing this. Starting and stopping. Staring at the screen not sure what to do but what the hell.  I know we don't see eye to eye most times but that sir, is a job WELL DONE and a great inspiration and motivation to me and I'm sure to many others. Kudos!  :thumbs:
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

69*F5*SE

Very nice Don.  Can't wait to see the body work pics with new quarters etc.  Thanks  :2thumbs:

Duey

Wow!  Don, I can almost picture all the bit being pulled onto the assembly line and bolted on as the car goes down the line.  Very nice job!

Regards,
Duey
73 SE Brougham, F3 , 440, 850 Pro-form, 727 w TA 10", 4.10SG

Dan T

Looking great Don!!
Too bad I couldn't meet up with you guys a few weeks ago, I would have loved to exchange info with you. I'd also like to ask you where you got the car dipped, and where you are getting the major body & paintwork done.
Maybe we could set up another night at  Hero's with Shakey!!

Once again, nice job!!
Dan.
:cheers:
1969 Charger R/T
1969 Dart Custom
2006 Charger R/T

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Dodge Don

Posted by: charger01
Insert Quote
I have seen so many chargers for sale stating "totally restored".   This is what a totally restored car looks like fellas............Amazing work

I agree completely....most of the restorations are not actually restorations. Mine has strayed a bit too so I share some guilt there as well.

Posted by: TripleBlackGator
Insert Quote
I'm sitting here thinking. Tapping the mouse key. Minutes go by. I'm writing this. Starting and stopping. Staring at the screen not sure what to do but what the hell.  I know we don't see eye to eye most times but that sir, is a job WELL DONE and a great inspiration and motivation to me and I'm sure to many others. Kudos!  thumbs

Gator, I know that wasn't easy for you but I really do appreciate it.  :cheers:

Posted by: Dan T
Insert Quote
Looking great Don!!
Too bad I couldn't meet up with you guys a few weeks ago, I would have loved to exchange info with you. I'd also like to ask you where you got the car dipped, and where you are getting the major body & paintwork done.
Maybe we could set up another night at  Hero's with Shakey!!

Once again, nice job!!
Dan.
cheers

Dan, the car was dipped in Brantford...don't recall the outfit off hand. The shop is in Flamborough near the Speedway but he isn't taking any more restorations right now as he is booked for awhile. Right now my Charger and a Mustang are the main events in the shop but I popped by last week and found a Firebird there for a quick in & out.

Shakey

Chris

Hey Don

Your Car looks fantastic, seeing yours is really getting me stoked to see mine completed. Keep an eye on my thread for updates as I am hopeful to have it completed for Carlisle!

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Dodge Don

TripleBlackGator

What make and model lift did you get? I have been leaning towards Bendpak but I would like it in black and I think all Bendpak units are blue. Just curious and also how long to assemble and any gripes?   :2thumbs:
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

Dodge Don

The lift is a Restomod DX from Lift Superstore (who just happen to be headquartered in my town...dumb luck).
8000 lb rating
2 drip trays
jack plate
aluminum ramps
casters

Took 3 of us an afternoon. The biggest headache was getting the electricians in later to run a new 220 line into the garage and hardwire into the lift. I love this thing. My favorite tool!!

19Charger68

I don't think there is any one word that could describe what an awsome job you are doing.  It could not be done any better than you are doing it!
Bruce