News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hats Off to Air Canada Flight Crew

Started by Shakey, October 15, 2005, 07:57:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakey

A couple weeks back I was in Dallas, TX and had some time to myself so I went to meet Ron Stitt at Texas Acres.

I ended up buying all of the trim for the grille of my '69 Charger from him.  He had sent some pieces out to get re-dipped and they looked great.  Got everything but the I piece.

A few miles down the road was a car lot with some salvage cars out back.  Found a '69 that still had the weather-strip channels that run up the A-pillar, over the top of the door and above the quarter glass.  They were in good shape, made a deal and bought them.

Next problem, how to get them back to Canada.  Showed up at DFW airport and was quickly told I'd have to check them in as oversized cargo.  I said that they were far too fragile and far too expensive (had to BS a bit and told them they were $600.00 USD) so they could sympathize, which they did.

A TSA representative was summoned and took me and my cargo directly to their office and screened the package.  These mouldings were wrapped up and were about 4.5' long.  I had asked if I could take them on the plane and put them under the seat or between the wall and the arm rest of my window seat.  They had said that this decision would be made by the flight crew.  The TSA representative said that rather than put these mouldings on the conveyor, he would walk them personally out to the tarmac at the gate where our plane would located.

The Air Canada crew shows up for the flight and I plead my case with them.  For safety reasons, no oversized cargo in the cabin.  The stewardesses were very friendly and helpful and the captain and co-pilot were also accommodating.

They said that they would put my package in the forward section of the plane with their luggage and when we landed in Toronto the co-pilot would go and retrieve the mouldings and bring them to me as I got off the plane.  I was sitting up front when we landed and sure enough, as soon as the seat belt light went off at the gate in Toronto, the co-pilot came out of the cockpit and went below to retrieve my mouldings.  No problems!

I send out a big thanks to the folks at TSA in the DFW airport and the flight crew from Air Canada.

A couple of pics of my goodies.

psykicpup

Bet we can guess who you will fly with from now on if there's a choice!

Its real nice to hear that some airlines can go that extra mile - 'xcus the pun! ;D

Try this by comparison http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/reports/holiday/holiday_20051014_2.shtml
my daughter & boyfriend 'Sunny Sunday'

DFPA and proud of it!

nh_mopar_fan

I've had this done many times on other airlines.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Chryco Psycho

personally I hate Air Canada , they are owned by the friggin Government & have undercut fares to force virtually every compedetive airline out of business in can by subsidising it with tax payers $$$ so much for free enterprize when the government put all competetion out of business

6pkrunner

Air Canada of Robert "The Ice Prince" Milton fame? The human personality of a dead salmon Uncle Milton?

J/K - that is excellent that they did this for you. Jean Chretien will save himself from Gomery with a footnote that his pet Air Canada did good.

bull

That was nice of them but what a hassle, eh?

Brock Samson

Nice carpet! hard to keep clean?..   ;)

Shakey

Shakey

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on October 16, 2005, 01:50:25 AM
personally I hate Air Canada , they are owned by the friggin Government & have undercut fares to force virtually every compedetive airline out of business in can by subsidising it with tax payers $$$ so much for free enterprize when the government put all competetion out of business

They always get me where I need to go and are very rarely late.

Shakey

Quote from: bull on October 16, 2005, 08:34:44 AM
That was nice of them but what a hassle, eh?

I kind of expected a hassle as the mouldings were large and fragile.  I did not want to ship them via courier.

Shakey

Quote from: Stratocharger on October 16, 2005, 10:52:40 PM
Nice carpet! hard to keep clean?..     ;)

Thanks, it came with the house.  As far as keeping it clean, we don't wear shoes in the house and the Child only drinks her water, juice or milk in the kitchen or if she is sitting on the couch or in her chair.  A constant battle that we are slowy winning.

4402tuff4u

Wow! great service the stewardesses took your "package"! Nice. Happy ending too? :icon_smile_big:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"