News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Can anyone explain these door aligment meanings?

Started by WH23G3G, May 23, 2008, 09:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH23G3G

I know I've asked before and I got the doors aligned enough to work, but now I need them aligned good. Can anyone explain what Chrysler means by their 1973 Body Service manual instructions. These are quoted.

"Up and Down
Adjustment of the door can be made at either the pillar or door hinge halfs.

In and Out
Adjustment is made at the door hinge half. Adjust only one hinge at a time. Raising outer end of door moves upper part of door forward, when in closed position. Lowering lower part of door moves lower part forward, when in closed position.

Fore and Aft
Adjustment is made at the pillar hinge half. Adjust only one hinge at a time. Raising outer end of door, moves upper part of door into door opening. Lowering outer end of door, moves lower part of door into door opening.

Up and Down - Is this to get the latch over the striker and the body lines matched? Do I loosen both hinges at the same time?

In and Out - How do you know which hinge to have loose here?

Fore and Aft - What is this?

suntech

I am not sure how it is possible to explain better than that, but fore means foreward, and aft means rearward. Look closely on the way the hinges are bolted in to the car and door, and think through what you want to move, and do just one change at a time! tighten just one bolt, to hold the door, and have somebody to help you hold the door. It is actually basic geometry. Good luck :2thumbs:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!