News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HELP thump during turns after transmission swap

Started by 1968_Charger, May 30, 2008, 09:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1968_Charger

i just finished putting in a new sb 727. everything seems good while driving, but when i take a turn something under the car feels like its hitting the bottom of the car. it only happens while im turning and it sounds like its coming from the front seats back. i put new u joints in the driveshaft when i had it out also. ive looked under the car but i dont see anything odd
any ideas?

RD

did you properly tighten the transmission mount?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

mikepmcs

exactly what I was thinking as soon as I saw the subject.

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

1968_Charger

i tightened it but it was pretty wore out. think that could be it? never did it before the swap so i figured it was good enough to reuse

mikepmcs

I think you are on to something.  Dive under and see if you can move the tranny by hand.  A good cheap start regardless since you mentioned it was worn. :cheers:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

1968_Charger

swapped out the mount today. seems to be fixed. you guys are awesome!

RD

glad it worked for you, now go drive the piss out of it! :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander