News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I sure hope not all New Yorkers are as ignorant as this guy...

Started by TheGhost, October 16, 2005, 03:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGhost

About a week ago, a guy from NYC stopped in at KFC, where I work during the evenings/weekends.  I took his order, and, while we were waiting for it to be packed, he started small talk.  This is how the conversation went.

HIM: Where are all the Indians at?

ME:  Huh?

HIM:  I thought there would be Indians here.  This is the west, isn't it?

ME (spoken with a slight western accent):  Just a couple days ago, I had to defend my family's homestead from an Apache war party.  Musta been 30-40 of em, riding up, all yelling that war cry of theirs.  They started shooting arrows at us, so we circled up the wagons around the farmhouse, and started to shoot 'em from the windows and the porch with our Winchesters.  Musta killed 20 of em before they rode off.  I tell ya, there ain't nothing scarier than an injun war party, screaming and hollering, shooting arrows at ya.  Wanna see the Tomahawk that was stuck in our door?

I guess he sensed my sarcasm, because he shut up after that, got his food, and went on his way. :D
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Lucky he didnt put a cap in yo' ass for mouthin' off............punk!  ;) ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

89MOPAR

No, they aren't.   NYC is a very diverse place , for nationalities.   Maybe he realized how dumb his small talk was and walked away ?
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

TheGhost

Quote from: 89MOPAR on October 16, 2005, 04:04:15 PM
No, they aren't.  NYC is a very diverse place , for nationalities.  Maybe he realized how dumb his small talk was and walked away ?

Either way, it was funny. ;D  Turned a boring afternoon into an interesting one.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

golden73

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on October 16, 2005, 04:02:37 PM
Lucky he didnt put a cap in yo' ass for mouthin' off............punk! ;) ;)

This is true... you never know how crazy people are.

Nupe

Wouldn't he have been surprised though if he went to bust a cap and you got him with the Tomahawk?   :-X

:icon_smile_cool:   We get that type of stuff around here in the summer.   Damn tourists.   It isn't that they are all bad, it is just the majority have $$$, can afford to take the vacation, and believe that everyone living here is their servant.   :rotz:   Still want the bumper sticker a friend saw that read:   Happiness is a South bound Masshole.   That is slang for someone from Massachusettes for those who don't know.   :devil:

'79 Lil'Red Express.

Brock Samson

TheGhost

PocketThunder

I was in Memphis for work this last week and a couple guys from Texas were busting my balls because of my Minnesota accent.   Now i dont say "dont cha know" or "ya sure" or "you bet-cha" like all you have seen on the movie Fargo.   But maybe my Minnesota sounded like Minnesooda.    Anyways, during my week in Tennessee i started to wonder where the you all vs yawl line was.   I dont think Iowa people say yawl, so i must be in Missouri somewhere where it makes the transition.....
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Old Moparz

Hey Ghost,

We New Yorkers might believe your Indian story if you stick your thumbs under your armpits when you tell it.   :D  Of course we wouldn't be eating the food order after you pulled your thumbs back out to give us the food.  :o
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

TheGhost

Quote from: bluesfool on October 16, 2005, 10:00:58 PM
So you don't have any indians out there?

Not anywhere around here.  There's a reservation up in the NorthWest corner of the state.  About 3 hours drive away.

bluesfool

JimShine

Yeah, and against popular belief the northwesterners New Yorkers are more like mid-western US than the Joe Peci type.

RD

ya could have just been polite and taught him some new knowledge instead of him having to think that all midwesterners are smart asses.  But hey, thanks for representing all of us! :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

TheGhost

Quote from: RD on October 17, 2005, 12:01:57 AM
ya could have just been polite and taught him some new knowledge instead of him having to think that all midwesterners are smart asses.

You mean, we AREN'T all smart-asses? :o

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Steve P.

Now I know this CANNOT be the same jackass (GHOST) as the quick thinking idiot from the old board!!!   Come to think of it, I bet it is.. He worked as a chef at a big fancy well known restaurant. Wore a cowboy hat and drove a NEON...........       

Ahhhhahahahahahaaaaa,,,,,  :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

So now you want us to believe that bullshit story...     :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :icon_bs:

I think you spent a long and very boring day filling orders for people that have a life and then cleaning the bathrooms and probably got turned down by someone that didn't like your hat. At the end of your crappppy life you wanted to try to make a funny and it backfired on you... 

So first I don't believe you and second, Chris is just exactly right.. If what you say happened and he didn't at least stick a napkin box up your ass and shit in your hat, he wasn't from New York.... 

Now go take the gargage out and wipe your sniveling nose.......... :devil:

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

'CUDA360

Vainglory, Esq.

ChargerBill

Not sure I believe you had that quick of a reply. Not sure you would have done that with the risk of a manager or superior around either. I'm also not sure that we need to burn him at the stake for making this story up...but then again, that's just me and remember?...I'm not sure.
Life is a highway...

andy74

i love ny                 

if you really did that,and it was a new yorker,he would have draged you across the counter,and kicked your ass.

NYCMille

As a life long New Yorker I wear my sarcasm flag proudly.  :devil:

Orange_Crush

Living in the south, you get a lot of yankee wise-asses thinking you live in an intellectual vacuum.  The great thing is that southerners (NOT rednecks), in general, have a very subtle, quiet way of putting people in their place.

Having lived in Upstate NY as long as I did, I can tell you that there are as many rednecks (an I use this as an extremely derogatory term) up there are there are down here.

As far as NYC folks are concerned (or Philly, or Boston folks for that matter) are concerned.  Being a wise-ass is almost an art form and 3/4 of the time, they mean nothing by it...in fact...its often a sign of cameraderie.  Usually, you garned a yankee city-boy's respect by being a wiseass right back to him.

And BTW...Steve...who the hell pissed in your Wheaties dude?
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

NYCMille

Orange_Crush:

"Usually, you garned a yankee city-boy's respect by being a wiseass right back to him." - you are absolutely correct!

Old Moparz

Sacasm in NY? I Don't think so.

But I agree on the piss in Steve's Wheaties.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus