News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone Sell New "Correct" '69 Grill Hardware (j-nuts, washers, etc.)???

Started by Mfr426, October 16, 2005, 04:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mfr426

Hello all, just started the tedious part of my grill restoration on my '69. I'm taking the plastic parts apart and getting a good look at the hardware. Most of these are beyond repair. I'm talking about the j-nuts, bolts, nuts, washers, etc. that hold the center grill to the left and right grill.

Someone had mentioned that RT Specialties had them but I didnt see the parts on their page. Any help would be great.

Thanks all!

Mike R in Reading PA

Just 6T9 CHGR

I got the bolts from R/T Specialties.  At the time he didnt have the J-nuts.

He might stock them now
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Mfr426

Thanks Chris, I'll call him today. I hope he's not on the road. I think that totallyauto has a kit for the entire grill but it looks like the plastic spacers are included and I already have them. That makes two calls today to get these guys.

Mike R in Reading PA

Mfr426

Called RT today and got all the items from him. They have a kit for the bolts/nuts/washers for the 3 grill pieces. I bought the bolts and j-nuts as well for the rest of the assembly. The guy knows his stuff!!!!

Thanks.

Mike

69hemi

I took my original hardware and a duplicate set from a donor grill and put them in a rock tumbler with a pretty aggressive grit then changed to a softer grit and they came out like new.  I got the tumbler from Harbor Freight for $20.00 and the grits at a local hobby shop.  It takes around 3-days for each process but it just runs on the bench and is not noisy so you really don't notice.
http://www.69hemi.com
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
1964 Hemi Superstock Dodge
02 Ram
95 Ram

Mfr426

Hey 69Hemi, I've seen those in Eastwood. So they actually work huh? I ended up getting new hardware from RT Specialties but have other items that I cant source.

I may have to hit Harbor Freight and get one today...

Thanks!

Mike R

69hemi

Dopn't expect it to look like chome in 10 minutes but I have always just kept a few things tumbling here and there and it always cleans it up great.
http://www.69hemi.com
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
1964 Hemi Superstock Dodge
02 Ram
95 Ram