News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I change my vote...is it too late for CLASSIC-CHARGER.com?

Started by ChargerBill, October 16, 2005, 05:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orange_Crush

If it IS trolling...it seems like folks around here make EXCELLENT bait.

I'm sure there are more than a few guys who are delighting in coming here and giving you guys aneurisms.  Hell...I'm having a blast just watching!
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

Ponch ®

Quote from: Troy on October 17, 2005, 12:11:30 AM

FYI - I don't deal well with demands and I'm a bit tired of people telling me what they think I should do. 

Troy

You should ban them! ;D
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

70charginglizard

Quote from: bull on October 17, 2005, 04:57:44 AM
Quote from: dads_69 on October 17, 2005, 04:07:01 AMFunny how those two new threads caused somone to decide to dredge up the old '06 opinion poll that's like four months old or older.

Only dredged up for informative reasons to new members when I see aguements starting to occur within new posts. Thats all.

2006 dodge charger forum-
http://www.chargerforums.com/
70charginglizard

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

6pkrunner

Bill the new graphics are simply stunning! Hats off for very nice work.
Troy - sorry to hear you're getting tons of PMs that aren't congratulatory in nature. Guess that's one of the reasons I never liked dealing with the public in mass. Hats off to you for eunning the show and keeping a cool attitude when it goes to chit.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Orange_Crush on October 17, 2005, 01:07:51 PM
If it IS trolling...it seems like folks around here make EXCELLENT bait.

I'm sure there are more than a few guys who are delighting in coming here and giving you guys aneurisms.   Hell...I'm having a blast just watching!
So........does that make us sheep or lemmings? :D

Oh & that looks BITCHIN' Bill! :2thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

NHCharger

I can do without that garbage so threatening to leave isn't much incentive for me to act.

LOL, some people are really full of themselves.
The new website design looks smoking. Please don't forget to add a 3rd gen pic to the top, although I don't want to sound like a crybaby.  :icon_smile_big:
All in all I think this is by far the best board I've had the pleasure to be on. Yeah there are a few nutcases here but you get that on every board.
Maybe Troy can rig something up so every thread title that mentions 06 Charger gets automatically routed over to Moparts, that would give them all something to bicker about.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Troy

Quote from: MustangHater on October 17, 2005, 05:27:35 PM
when is the site going to look like that?

When you finish the graphics and write all the code?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Chris G.

Quote from: NHCharger on October 17, 2005, 06:27:38 PM
Maybe Troy can rig something up so every thread title that mentions 06 Charger gets automatically routed over to Moparts, that would give them all something to bicker about.

Not to defend Moparts, but the discussions of the '06 Charger over there, are far more intelligent than the one's here. There are a few members here that really rip the new Charger, and they are also members over there and you never hear a peep from them about it.  

I agree the design looks great, but what happens if Bill keeps blowing gaskets over this new Charger? Does he take his design and run?   :devil:   :P Kidding Bill.

mustanghater

Quote from: Troy on October 17, 2005, 06:45:20 PM

Troy

I got a place you can test out all that stuff to see how it looks.
New Muscle car forum

Shakey

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on October 17, 2005, 06:48:15 PM

Not to defend Moparts, but the discussions of the '06 Charger over there, are far more intelligent than the one's here. There are a few members here that really rip the new Charger, and they are also members over there and you never hear a peep from them about it.  

:iagree:  I have noticed that also.

Troy

Quote from: 89MOPAR on October 17, 2005, 01:23:11 AM
Can general discussion be split into 2 sections ?
1 section for 74 and earlier Chargers
1 section for 75 and later chargers

people are too polarized on this subject of real and not real. D-C made it . they called it a charger. they invested the cash for tooling,labor, R+D, dealers, etc.
Not you, not me. They can call it what they want.
But, I/we don't have to support it no matter what they called it. This site is fairly focused on a particular subject and splitting it down the middle isn't the best solution in my opinion. I don't plan on a tech section, advertising, or member's rides for any new Chrysler product. There are other places that will cater to them and I don't have the drive to compete. I'd much rather make this the place to be for the originals (and what most of the current members are interested in). That doesn't mean I'll ban all topics on the 06 - just that I don't plan on doing anything special. We talk about ricers, Neons, trucks, and other makes of cars here without having a special place for them.

Quote from: ChargerBill on October 17, 2005, 06:32:14 AM
Quote from: Judhudson on October 17, 2005, 05:56:31 AM
Quote from: Judhudson on October 16, 2005, 09:37:03 PM
I want that test site Bill!!! Great work. It'd be cool if Troy could use it if he'd want to :)

??? I think you're a bit confused.... that is the new version of this site but it's not finished.

You're right, I was confused.  My bad.  Man, I'm excited, the new site looks great!  Keep up the good work, both of you!  :icon_smile_big:

Troy does all the work...I only did the visual part. Once I'm done, he will carry on doing all the work, and I won't have to do anything. Troy deserves all the credit here....

BTW: Thanks guys, glad you like the design.
All the work? :D In my line of business there are the people who make it pretty and the people who make it function. I'm not one of the ones who makes it pretty but a really good site needs both. I really hate this grey site even though it seems to work pretty well...  the new stuff looks great but I still have to go over stuff with you. :thumbs:

Quote from: cudahob3 on October 17, 2005, 07:31:07 AM
Very nice job Bill.  ;)

As for the 06 stuff, I agree it has been over the top lately. I shouldn't click on it, but like a train wreck I gota look.
The troll thing is a problem with public forums, can't police it. But just think of this "Golden rule" and it will go away.

"If you don't have anything nice to say don't post a thread."
What's the difference between a true troll and someone in the wrong place at the wrong time? I always get suspicious when someone registers and then immediately starts a new thread on the new Charger. Most of the time I would bet that they didn't read anything before posting and then they act surprised. Yes, people should learn a little tact.

Quote from: 73dodge on October 17, 2005, 08:05:18 AM
Might as well get used to the 06 Charger it's not going away, and it won't loose 2 doors anytime soon. I have a sneaking suspision that if Mercedes Benz would have made the 06 Charger with 2 doors it would have more fans on this site.
I can get used to it without having endless discussions about it. :D

Quote from: andy74 on October 17, 2005, 09:12:57 AM
thanks for all you do Troy,you are the man!  and Bill, i couldnt agree with you more-i sell the freaking things,and its hard when you dont believe in the product
Quote from: AKcharger on October 17, 2005, 09:15:46 AM
My cat says: "Thanks for all the work on the site Troy" and also "all people are welcome here"

You're welcome!

Quote from: Ponch on October 17, 2005, 01:40:49 PM

FYI - I don't deal well with demands and I'm a bit tired of people telling me what they think I should do. 

Troy

You should ban them! ;D
Should I ban ALL the troublemakers??? :P

Quote from: 6pkrunner on October 17, 2005, 06:07:00 PM
Bill the new graphics are simply stunning! Hats off for very nice work.
Troy - sorry to hear you're getting tons of PMs that aren't congratulatory in nature. Guess that's one of the reasons I never liked dealing with the public in mass. Hats off to you for eunning the show and keeping a cool attitude when it goes to chit.
I'm going to write a book I think. I always wanted to write one but now I have an endless supply of material. :yesnod: One of the reasons I tried to keep out of things on the old site. I do get a large number of complimentary PMs too so it's not all bad. Gotta thank Chris and Neil for keeping things running smoothly too.

I can do without that garbage so threatening to leave isn't much incentive for me to act.

The new website design looks smoking. Please don't forget to add a 3rd gen pic to the top, although I don't want to sound like a crybaby.  :icon_smile_big:
All in all I think this is by far the best board I've had the pleasure to be on. Yeah there are a few nutcases here but you get that on every board.
Yes they are. You want a what in the picture? I didn't think they made a Charger before OR after 1968... :D

Quote from: MustangHater on October 17, 2005, 06:51:54 PM

Troy

I got a place you can test out all that stuff to see how it looks.

Uhhh...  :rotz:

Troy

Shakey

NHCharger

Quote from: Troy on October 17, 2005, 07:20:07 PM

Yes they are. You want a what in the picture? I didn't think they made a Charger before OR after 1968... :D

Troy

Ouch, That would hurt my feelings if I had any. :icon_smile_blackeye:

Burnt, I was kinda making a generalization about moparts. One of their own mods said it has become a "bicker board mentality" over there. Incase you haven't noticed everyone's a expert over there, just ask them. Much more laid back here, matter of fact, time for a cold one :cheers: :cheers:
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Chris G.

Quote from: NHCharger on October 17, 2005, 07:32:51 PM
Burnt, I was kinda making a generalization about moparts. One of their own mods said it has become a "bicker board mentality" over there. Incase you haven't noticed everyone's a expert over there, just ask them. Much more laid back here, matter of fact, time for a cold one :cheers: :cheers:

I totally agree that this place is much more laid back than Moparts. I'm the last guy to defend that place. I have been banned before, and have seen how bad it can get. I'll join you for a cold one.  :cheers:

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum

Khyron

Quote from: Troy on October 17, 2005, 07:20:07 PM

:nutkick:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

89MOPAR

Thanks for the reply.  My suggestion was meant to help those with the big aversion help themselves by avoidance.
Didn't mean to imply you should cater to post-74 vehicles.   :-\
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

Troy

Quote from: 89MOPAR on October 18, 2005, 12:30:30 AM
Thanks for the reply. My suggestion was meant to help those with the big aversion help themselves by avoidance.
Didn't mean to imply you should cater to post-74 vehicles. :-\

I didn't think you did which is why I tried to explain that part better. Can't make everyone happy and I really have put a lot of thought into a "New Charger" section. Looking at it logically, we really don't get enough traffic on post-74 cars to justify their own section. As far as I know, none of the regular members even own an 06 so the only reason to set aside an area is to attract new members which isn't really a goal of mine. That still doesn't give anyone the right to be a jerk to someone new though. The same people with an attitude would be sure to frequent the new section so it's not really helping in that area either. If someone has technical questions or "where do I buy bling" then politely point them to where they will find answers. This is all subject to change in the future so I'm open for intelligent discussion.

Troy

TeeWJay426

Troy- thanks for all you have done and continue to do to keep this site going!. I don't like the Creeder myself, but I figure that the few 'trolls' we have gotten and will get in the future won't be around long- they will figure out fairly quickly that this isn't the place for them, unless they're total morons. I'm all for being civil to them untill they see the light. For that reason, I stay away from most '06 discussions now- too much head butting in the past to bother with it anymore. Bottom line, it's DCX's name, car, and it ain't gonna disappear, so we gotta at least coexist with it and its owners on some level. A seperate section might be warranted if the clueless keep stumbling in here, but the new graphics (which look absolutely kick-a$$, by the way!) should help divert them elsewhere in the future. I personally don't see the need to change a thing beyond that!
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Brock Samson

Whew... I'm sure glad I didn't get quoted!   :icon_smile:

BTW: I noticed noone said much when the 300 was made a four door, front drive, and a V-6. but i figgure most it's oringinal fans are deep sixed...  :angel:

ChargerBill

Troy

//

Dang Troy, you never mentioned that Mustanghater was in charge of this....  :icon_smile_dead:
Life is a highway...

ChargerBill

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on October 17, 2005, 06:48:15 PM

I agree the design looks great, but what happens if Bill keeps blowing gaskets over this new Charger? Does he take his design and run?   :devil:   :P Kidding Bill.

LOL...good point. Naww, this isn't my design...it's yours....it's DodgeCharger.com's. Besides, I'd have to fly out to Troys, then figure out the code, then probably have to sit on Troy so he'd keep still while I deleted the images...it's way too much of a hassle... :icon_smile_tongue:

As soon as Troy and I get the dimensions and his specific graphic requirements ironed out we will be close. Going from a static image to one that is correctly sliced up and stretchy and wil interact according to users specs is not a simple feat...especially when plugging the graphics into a dynamic interface.
Life is a highway...

RD

so we will expect to see the new graphics for the website about the same time the new challenger is introduced huh? :D with MH behind the wheel that is
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

psykicpup

- Bill the graphics look great .... can wait to see them .. not thay I object to the grey (Troy) esp as it blends so well with the work screen - they have their own forum/sale borad which looks pretty close from where my Supervisor sits lol!

Troy - I agree totally with you & have been disapointted with some peoples welcome to '06 owner who have strayed here. :rotz: I do wonder tho which is worse an 'old charger' fan who will never own one or some one who buys a  new charger 'cos his dad/grandad had one & has fond memories of the name? :P anyhow! just occured to me that that we dont have a links section & that might be useful for the strays we dont scare away! :icon_smile_wink: - I know you are fed up with suggestions but if someone started a topic maybe it could be stickied 0 just dont ask me  I move in very small circles lol
my daughter & boyfriend 'Sunny Sunday'

DFPA and proud of it!