News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chuck VS Bruce

Started by CFMopar, October 16, 2005, 06:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would win. Chuck Norris or Bruce Lee

Chuck
Bruce

CFMopar

I'm votting Bruce. Bruce Lee studied grapling type martial arts such as judo way   before Chuck plus also dabbled in Thai Boxing as well.

Chuck is a black belt in Brazillian Jiu Jitsu now but not when Bruce was alive. I'm sure if Bruce was alive he would be to.
1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

ChargerBill

Life is a highway...

golden73

BigBlackDodge

Didn't they fight together in a movie?

"Be water my friend." ;D

BBD

ChargerBill

Better one would have been:

Bruce Lee vs Jet Li

I'd have to think about that one a bit...
Life is a highway...

golden73

Quote from: ChargerBill on October 16, 2005, 07:09:28 PM
Better one would have been:

Bruce Lee vs Jet Li

I'd have to think about that one a bit...

I would still go with Bruce

CFMopar

Jet li does wushu which if I remeber right is a dance martial art for the anciant kings of china or japan.

Bruce lee again. Or chuck. I'm sure chuck could take jet li too.

ChargerBill

I always though Jet was tough... dance? Are you sure? Sheesh....

What about that Italian idiot...Segal? Maybe he could kick Lee's butt....LOL maybe Pamela Lee....then again, maybe not, she could pummel him to death with her Mam-grenades.

Oh Pamela :drool5:
Life is a highway...

golden73

I would like to see Bruce Lee vs. Chuck Liddel.... now THAT would be a fight!

ChargerBill

Or what about that UFC animal that climbs up his opponents back, chokes them out and falls backward while holding them in a headlock? That dude is crazy...
Life is a highway...

ChargerRob

Quote from: ChargerBill on October 16, 2005, 07:22:10 PM

What about that Italian idiot...Segal? Maybe he could kick Lee's butt....LOL maybe Pamela Lee....then again, maybe not, she could pummel him to death with her Mam-grenades.

Did somebody say Pamela   :o        :drool5: :drool5:
Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

Old Moparz

Quote from: BigBlackDodge on October 16, 2005, 07:08:01 PM
Didn't they fight together in a movie?

"Be water my friend." ;D

BBD

I was thinking the same thing. I almost remember a documentary on Bruce Lee that mentioned this, so I did a Google search & looky here:

http://www.fightingmaster.com/masters/brucelee/chuck.htm

In Bruce Lee's last full movie, "Return of the Dragon".

I don't remember which movie, but there was one I remember watching with some friends when I was a kid that had to have the dumbest fight scene ever. On a beach, or maybe just sand, 2 guys were fighting & one was defending himself with a wok. After the other guy couldn't fight past the wok, he suddenly pulls out a can opener & cuts a hole in the center of it. As he's cutting, the other guy has a puzzled look on his face like "what's that noise?" & then sees the hole as a fist comes through to punch him. This wasn't a comedy or a spoof either.   :scratchchin:   :lol:

Yeah, Pamela is pretty hot.  :yesnod:  So long as I wouldn't have to carry on a lengthy conversation with her.

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

CFMopar

Quote from: ChargerBill on October 16, 2005, 07:22:10 PM

Segal is a tool to. He does akido which is mainly small joint locks like wrist locks. Since Bruce lee did judo I'd bank on the Judo guy over akido.

Quote from: ChargerBill on October 16, 2005, 07:27:12 PM
Or what about that UFC animal that climbs up his opponents back, chokes them out and falls backward while holding them in a headlock? That dude is crazy...

http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?fighterid=292

That guy was awsome for that. I think he might be able to take Bruce Lee. But my opinion might be bias cause I take Brazillian Jiu Jitsu (BJJ) which this guys   father founded. But the Gracie family fight record speaks for itself.

But who knows. I'm sure Bruce Lee would've learnt BJJ as well.

CFMopar

http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?fighterID=19

Thats royce gracie.

From the early UFC's
He just recently beat a sumo wrestler. Click on the top oppenet in his list.

4cruzin

One of the baddest guys I can remember was Frank Dux . . .

Hanshi Frank Dux founded Dux Ryu, the first American system of ninjitsu. Although Dux Ryu is rooted in traditional ninjitsu, experience in no-holds-barred competitions forced Hanshi Dux to adapt, improvise, and change his fighting in order to dominate in his fights. His system of triangulation and angles-of-attack helped him defeat traditional linear or circular movement styles. Hanshi Dux was the 1975-1980 World Heavy Weight Kumite champion and is the holder of 16 world speed and power records. He is a qualified instructor in 22 disciplines and was the inspiration for the movie "Bloodsport." In 1993, he became a "Knight Chevalier" in the Miami Police Hall of Fame; he has also been inducted into the Martial Arts Hall of Fame. Hanshi Dux is a co-author/ contributor for the U.S. Navy Seals Special Operations Manual

One bad a$$ guy there!   
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

golden73

Any of you guys watch any muay thai boxing (sp?).... thats some crazy stuff right there

CB

Lee found his own martial art: Jeet kun Do

Jeetkundo is A modern style of Kung Fu created by the renowned martial artist Bruce Lee. The name means, literally, "Way of the Intercepting Fist," and the most famous tenet
is "absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is specifically your own." The style emphasizes simplicity.
--
No forms are taught, nor are set techniques designed to counter other techniques. Instead, the style attempts to take a problem solving approach. The essentials are to preserve the centerline, a concept Lee learned from Wing Chun style kungfu, which he studied; to maintain a constant rhythm, and to begin sparring immediately. The simplicity of approach is also evident in the central idea of blocking and attacking at the same time.
--
No set of rules or codified techniques exists for this art. Jeetkundo uses methods and techniques from all styles, not just empty hand systems, but weapons systems as well. Whatever is effective can and should be used in self-defense.       
--
Jeetkundo is seen by its practitioners as a road to self-discovery and self-examination. Its followers consider Jeetkundo to be a point of view rather than a school or style of martial art.
--
To this end, Lee was against setting up systematic methods of instruction, for once more than a few students enrolled in a school, the techniques and instruction would have to become codified and the result would be that the students would undergo repetitious drills, forms practice and prearranged sparring, to the detriment of developing the ideal awareness of what Jeetkundo really attempts to do. It is up to the student to gather the necessary experience and develop his or her own repertoire.
--
      Instead of confining oneself to sparring only other Jeetkundo students, the practitioner should pursue opportunities to spar any kind of fighter and learn what he or she can from the experience.
--
The study of different fighting systems could aid in the development of proper Jeetkundo perspective, but only if the student devoted time to studying the strengths and weaknesses of any system, and deciding what he or she could use from each system. In this way, Jeetkundo is heavily reliant on experience and theory.

For some years I practised one southern style of Kung-Fu: Shaolin-Ch'uan Fa- Kempo
It resembled a lot like Lees' style.
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

73dodge

I'm a Clint Eastwood type of guy

Feel lucky punk? Well do ya?

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

Shakey

I'd vote for Cato from the Pink Panther movies.  :icon_smile_big:

Vainglory, Esq.

Quote from: 4cruzin on October 16, 2005, 11:04:15 PM
One of the baddest guys I can remember was Frank Dux . . .

Hanshi Frank Dux founded Dux Ryu, the first American system of ninjitsu. Although Dux Ryu is rooted in traditional ninjitsu, experience in no-holds-barred competitions forced Hanshi Dux to adapt, improvise, and change his fighting in order to dominate in his fights. His system of triangulation and angles-of-attack helped him defeat traditional linear or circular movement styles. Hanshi Dux was the 1975-1980 World Heavy Weight Kumite champion and is the holder of 16 world speed and power records. He is a qualified instructor in 22 disciplines and was the inspiration for the movie "Bloodsport." In 1993, he became a "Knight Chevalier" in the Miami Police Hall of Fame; he has also been inducted into the Martial Arts Hall of Fame. Hanshi Dux is a co-author/ contributor for the U.S. Navy Seals Special Operations Manual

One bad a$$ guy there!     

I did Dux Ninjitsu for a while; it's some nasty stuff.  You can tell it came from the Kumite since practitioners of Ninjitsu apparently have no desire to to stop or neutralize their opponents.  Instead, they just aim to kill them.  Crazy.

472 R/T SE

Lee without a doubt.

I practiced U.S. Tae Kwan Do for about a year.  It instilled discipline right off the bat, and for such a short time enrolled, I became patient.  The bar fights came to a stop, when I enrolled I wanted to use it as a tool, but after about the first week my whole demeanor changed.  It's hard to explain, wierd.  I was living with my mom with no job, partying.  Oh, the good ol' days.
I remember sparring with classmates that were belts above me.  They cringed going up against the yellow,white belts like me.  Newbies have no defined form, control yet for what they're trying to accomplish. :icon_smile_big:  So accidental shots to places like the family jewels were not uncommon. :o ;)

If, when my daughter show's some interest, we'll enroll her.  Maybe in a few years.  Unlike my parents, when my daughter has a dream, I'll do whatever it takes to help her fullfill it.   :yesnod:

Segal?   If his sister could live with Al Bundy, she oughta be able to take her brother, hehehe.

CFMopar

Put your daughter in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu its more practical.