News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

383 4bbl intake install problems

Started by charger72, June 05, 2008, 08:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger72

I am putting my 71' Bee back together but cant get the intake to go back on. I can only get some of the bolts to line up while others wont. I did check and the gasket,valley pan and the other gasket on top are all correct and not obstructing any of the holes. Could i maybe have the wrong diameter of bolt not giving me any free movement? The intake was on the motor before but appeared to have only the valley pan without gaskets.
Any ideas?

histoy

Were the heads milled down while you had the engine apart?   If so, that can cause the problem you describe.   If not, and the valley pan was the only gasket before, try assembling it that way now using silicone around the ports.   The engines came from the factory with just a valley pan to seal the intake.

Ghoste

Yep, lose the gaskets and just use the valley pan.

BB1

Quote from: Ghoste on June 06, 2008, 03:46:00 AM
Yep, lose the gaskets and just use the valley pan.

Valley pan only.  :yesnod:
Delete my profile

71charger_fan

I had the same problem after having my heads lightly milled to true up the gasket surfaces. I use just the valley pan and some silicone and bought some ARP intake bolts. They are way easier to start than the factory bolts.

charger72

I didnt have the motor rebuilt..yet. The only thing i did was replace the valleypan as it had a pin hole in it. Should i just silicone the port on the intake?

71chargerfan....And where do i get the ARP intake bolts at?

Ghoste

Any decent speed shop should have ARP bolts.