News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

House to look at opening US waters for drilling today.

Started by my73charger, June 11, 2008, 09:59:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

my73charger

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

hutch

Done,

The idea of increasing tax on oil companies to reduce gas prices is the most retarded thing I have ever heard of.   We have a bunch of commies in DC.  American Oil companies are the most taxed in the world, our leaders dont want them to drill for any oil.  They want us all on skate boards so we can save the lNorth Dokata hairless tree mouse or something.

God I hate DC.
In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

my73charger

Blown70

HEY what is wrong with the North Dakota HAIRLESS tree mouse...... :nana:

Mike DC

Congress can't do jack squat to cheapen gas in the big picture. 

Even if they found a supergiant field the size of Ghawar off the US coast, it would still take most of a decade for the major effects to hit oil the market.         

hutch

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on June 11, 2008, 05:21:24 PM

Congress can't do jack squat to cheapen gas in the big picture. 

Even if they found a supergiant field the size of Ghawar off the US coast, it would still take most of a decade for the major effects to hit oil the market.         

But thats just it, oil price right now is based on the speculators of future stock piles.  If you make a commitment to increase future stock piles then the "futures" market speculators will start to bid down oil because they will not be betting on a shortage in the future.  Right now they are bidding up oil because they see a short fall down the road coming.

We have lots of oil on the market right now, we have 3 issues to deal with.  We need to increase refinery capacity, get a stronger dollar, and work to increase future oil supplies.  Then while we are drilling for oil in our own nation, work to produce more Nuke and hydro electric power so we are not using oil as enegery for our homes and focus on it being fuel for our work trucks and cars.

my73charger

As soon as these speculators hear we are opening up these fields the price will be effected.  We need to act now so that we have the availability in the future.  I don't buy the arguement that we can't do it without messing up the environment.  We have the technology and besides that, other countries will (and are already) just move into these areas and slant drill into our resources if we don't so it will be drilled anyway.

Dave22443

I think for our country to be so dependant on foriegn oil is a sin.  Particularly when you consider all that is going on in the world.  I mean, lets face it, its not exactly stable out there.  What would happen to the United States if all importers suddenly cut us off in an embargo type move not so unlike the one's we have led against other countries?

And the argument about "It won't make a difference because it would take 10 years to bring these reserves online" is a bunch of crap.  The law banning off-shore drilling was inacted in 1981.  Without that law, even if it took 10 years to bring them online, those reserves could have been brought online 17 years ago!

Whats that?  We weren't in this position 27 years ago?  Oh thats right, because things were going so well when Jimmy Carter was president  :eek2:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

my73charger

The point is we need this resource until we have something else and the US Congress refusing to do its part while at the same time demanding that other countries up their production is complete hypocrisy.  As for my part, I have been contacting my Representatives and Senators (deaf ears) continuously to let them know how I feel and I will continue to do so. I am also urging my friends and family to do the same. They need to hear from us. This issue isn't over unless we all sit on our thumbs and let it die.

Arkgl01

Herd it got shot down!  :'(  said drilling for more oil wont help we need another solution!  :slap: ????
69 440 RT matching.. mostly original!

hutch

The environment question is a joke.  Oil companies spend millions of dollars to make sure they dont spill a drop because ever drop of oil is money.  People think the Oil business just lets oil slosh out onto the ground at every turn.  Look at the pipeline we have in Alaska, its never spilt a drop as far as I know.

We need more oil, if people think its going to take 10 years to get any new oil into the market, how long is it going to take to convert millions of cars to run on something other than gas produced from oil.

Plus oil is more than just gas.  Everything is made form oil. paint, ink, dye, plastics, paper, you name it.  it all comes form an oil based products and byproducts.

hemi68charger

If this doesn't pass, the GreenPeace'ers of the world win again. (but they complain when we have high energy costs. WAKE UP !!!!  You can't have both)..........  This is stupid.. How come we can drill off the Texas and Louisiana coast, but nowhere else.. We're having to go deeper and deeper into the Gulf, hence raising costs of exploration and development of discovered reserves..... The technology is out there now to reduce the footprint substantially.

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hutch

Quote from: hemi68charger on June 12, 2008, 08:45:37 AM
If this doesn't pass, the GreenPeace'ers of the world win again. (but they complain when we have high energy costs. WAKE UP !!!!  You can't have both)..........  This is stupid.. How come we can drill off the Texas and Louisiana coast, but nowhere else.. We're having to go deeper and deeper into the Gulf, hence raising costs of exploration and development of discovered reserves..... The technology is out there now to reduce the footprint substantially.

Troy

Plus China is dirlling 90 miles off the Coast of Florida right now and Russia is working to drill as well in that spot.  Thats our fucking oil they are sucking out of the ocean floor.

And to say its going to take 10 years to get oil to market so its not worth it is to say we dont need more oil in 10 years.  We are going to need oil for the next 100 years an thats a fact.  Oil is a very important organic source of energy.  Nothing can produce more power like oil other than nuke.  I dont see nuke powered cars rolling out to market ever.

Its about to come down to pitch forks and fire to make DC understand this.  Screw green peace, we have a second amendment to put a foot down on that if we need to.

my73charger

Quote from: hutch on June 12, 2008, 08:56:38 AM
Quote from: hemi68charger on June 12, 2008, 08:45:37 AM

Troy

Plus China is dirlling 90 miles off the Coast of Florida right now and Russia is working to drill as well in that spot.  Thats our fucking oil they are sucking out of the ocean floor.

And to say its going to take 10 years to get oil to market so its not worth it is to say we dont need more oil in 10 years.  We are going to need oil for the next 100 years an thats a fact.  Oil is a very important organic source of energy.  Nothing can produce more power like oil other than nuke.  I dont see nuke powered cars rolling out to market ever.

Its about to come down to pitch forks and fire to make DC understand this.  Screw green peace, we have a second amendment to put a foot down on that if we need to.

I am with you brother.  100%!

0X01B8

Florida  ::)  Here's a hurricane map, it's all I could find easily, notice what's missing from the right side of the map?

PocketThunder

Quote from: 0X01B8 on June 12, 2008, 10:10:09 AM
Florida  ::)  Here's a hurricane map, it's all I could find easily, notice what's missing from the right side of the map?

Any Oil Platforms at all?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Shakey

QuoteLook at the pipeline we have in Alaska, its never spilt a drop as far as I know.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/08/07/AR2006080700131.html

I can just picture this scenario:

"Hey you Pig, I was just defending myself and exercising my 2nd Amendments rights so I shot that guy in the head.  He was pointing a gun at me and I feared for my life, well, as far as I know it was a gun!"

Dave22443

How about this scenario Shakey?

Your walking down the street.  Its dark, but your not worried because guns are outlawed.  Suddenly, three nasty looking guys with baseball bats decide they want whatever you got.  It doesn't matter that you got nothing, because everyone knows its not safe to carry around large sums of cash.  They aren't going to believe you anyway.

Now you've freely given up everything you have, including your car keys, credit cards, cash and watch.  But they are still pissed because all they really got was $32.27 in small bills and coins.  But you haven't resisted because your a good boy who doesn't believe in violence.  Only problem is, they do.  And now they pummel you with their "sports equipment" until their arms get tired.

As you lay there on the ground do you:

A) Thank God that guns are outlawed and they are not shooting you right now.
B) Thank God that you weren't carrying a concealed weapon that they might take and use against you.
C) Curse the fact that you were unarmed and couldn't show them your gun just to scare them off.
-or-
D) Pray that someone else (like me) who does have a gun comes to save you?

America may not be perfect, but I wouldn't want to live anywhere else in this world.  I'm damn proud of my Constitution and every word in it, including the right to keep and carry arms.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

Shakey

Quote from: Dave22443 on June 12, 2008, 12:53:20 PM
How about this scenario Shakey?

Your walking down the street.  Its dark, but your not worried because guns are outlawed.  Suddenly, three nasty looking guys with baseball bats decide they want whatever you got.  It doesn't matter that you got nothing, because everyone knows its not safe to carry around large sums of cash.  They aren't going to believe you anyway.

Now you've freely given up everything you have, including your car keys, credit cards, cash and watch.  But they are still pissed because all they really got was $32.27 in small bills and coins.  But you haven't resisted because your a good boy who doesn't believe in violence.  Only problem is, they do.  And now they pummel you with their "sports equipment" until their arms get tired.

As you lay there on the ground do you:

A) Thank God that guns are outlawed and they are not shooting you right now.
B) Thank God that you weren't carrying a concealed weapon that they might take and use against you.
C) Curse the fact that you were unarmed and couldn't show them your gun just to scare them off.
-or-
D) Pray that someone else (like me) who does have a gun comes to save you?

America may not be perfect, but I wouldn't want to live anywhere else in this world.  I'm damn proud of my Constitution and every word in it, including the right to keep and carry arms.

I don't hang out in neighbourhoods like that.

Also, who is God?

And finally, I don't think that I have ever seen a photo of your car before - I really like the colour!

Shakey

And my point was not about oil or guns or politics......

hemi68charger

Quote from: 0X01B8 on June 12, 2008, 10:10:09 AM

Nope, right now there aren't any drilling leases I know of the Fed's are allowing.. It's all pretty much West of the Mississippi Delta. Granted, that's where most of the hydrocarbons are located due to the source of the Mississippi River..

The Global Economic situation is just that, global... The barrels that, say Exxon or Shell, take out of the ground go to the WORLD market, not just the US of A. Soooo, we're all competing against India and China for energy. And we all know those two countries are no longer 3rd-world in the truest sense... The other thing is this dang countries restrictions on new fuel plant construction.... It's been YEARS since a new gasoline production plant has been built.. Too harsh EPA rules.............
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Charger_Fan

I swear I heard them say on the radio news the other day that there was a go-ahead given to build a new refinery somewhere in the US. I can't find anything on it though, maybe it was just a dream. :sleep:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

MichaelRW

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on June 12, 2008, 03:09:29 PM
I swear I heard them say on the radio news the other day that there was a go-ahead given to build a new refinery somewhere in the US. I can't find anything on it though, maybe it was just a dream. :sleep:

Maybe this is what you heard about.... http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080604/ap_on_el_st_lo/new_refinery_1
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

chargerboy69

Quote from: MichaelRW on June 12, 2008, 03:38:47 PM
Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on June 12, 2008, 03:09:29 PM

Maybe this is what you heard about.... http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080604/ap_on_el_st_lo/new_refinery_1

Yes that is the one. They have been trying to get that done for a while now. I am happy to see they are finally going to build it.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford