News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Options, and Years of Availabilty?

Started by WingCharger, June 14, 2008, 06:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WingCharger

1. Does anybody out there have a complete list of all the options available on the 1969 Dodge Chargers? I know the basics like R/T, SE, and others, but is there a complete list? I am really wondering!

2. When was the color Lemon Twist Yellow avilable on the Charger?

3. What was included in the "Trailer Towing Package" for a 1969 Charger?

4. Was a luggage rack availabe on the 1969 Charger? I have seen an old Charger in a junk yard that had a front grille divider, and a luggage Rack.

hemigeno

A GREAT place to find out about options / availability is at the '69 Charger Registry which is operated by our very own Mod, Just 6T9 CHGR (a/k/a Chris).

Here's a link to his site:

http://www.1969chargerregistry.com/

Chris has most - if not all - of the available options listed there, and I think it spells out what is included in the Trailer Tow Package.  If not, I know I have a breakdown that can be post on Monday (when I get back to the office where my paperwork stash is at).

Lemon Twist is actually the Plymouth color name for FY1, which Dodge called "Top Banana".  It wasn't introduced until the 1970 model year, which is also indicated by the first letter "F" in the color name (F=1970 model year series designator).

The luggage rack was available on any '69 Charger except the C500 and Daytona variants.

Hope this helps!   :cheers:

Gene

P.S.  Welcome to the site!!!

mikepmcs

yeah what Gene said. :cheers:
Chris has done a lot of work
I believe that front grille divider you are talking about is standard on a 69.
v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

WingCharger

Thanks Guys! Thats Wierd, I thought I remeber seeing a picture of a Daytona with a luggage rack in a magazine. Must have mistaken it. That would be weird to see though.

hemigeno

The decklid was shortened on the C500 and Daytona, which is the main reason they didn't offer that particular option.  Guess they didn't want to redesign/shorten the whole luggage rack on the slim chance someone would have ordered one.