News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

For you old school guys (with $95k)! sigh...

Started by Brock Samson, October 17, 2005, 06:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

Shakey

Shakey - old school=yes, $95K USD=no

I am not a big fan of convertibles and I am not a fan of that car.

I do like the older ones though.

Charger_Fan

That's what I was thinking too...if I was more of an Avanti fan, I'd probably think that looks cool. But I don't. :icon_smile_dead:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Vainglory, Esq.

I'll take an SVO Lister.  Kinda like a cross between a Cunningham C5 and a Jaguar D-Type without the vertical stabilizer.

PocketThunder

Quote from: Stratocharger on October 17, 2005, 06:14:37 PM
http://www.avantimotors.com/

:eyes:

I know where there is a hardtop in Barron, WI.  i see it out every summer.  Want me to stop and ask for ya next summer?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

BrianShaughnessy

There's a couple brothers in laws with original 60's Avanti's a few streets over.   The one's a '63,  the other I'm not quite sure of.   I thought they were pretty hot when I was a kid  :thumbs: 
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Brock Samson

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 17, 2005, 10:09:01 PM
Quote from: Stratocharger on October 17, 2005, 06:14:37 PM
http://www.avantimotors.com/

:eyes:

I know where there is a hardtop in Barron, WI. i see it out every summer. Want me to stop and ask for ya next summer?

No thanks, aint my fav. but I thought some of us older geezers here would remember and smile,..  ;) interesting they are offering a 6 Cly for the first time...

OldGuy

Didn't like the looks of them back then - saw one at a car show recently and after 40 years - I still don't like the looks of them :down:
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

Charger_Croatia

Old school boy=no
$95k=no

And I don't like it; rather to spend that money on some good old Mopar convertible.
'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

TeeWJay426

Always liked the originals; they were unusual, and pretty quick for their time. That, however, looks like a very bad caricature of the original's styling.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

ChargerBill

As ugly as that is it's kind of cool. It's like a Pug dog...they're ugly but you can't help loving 'em. I have always had a soft spot for the off brands, Studebaker, Avanti, AMC, etc... Those Avanti's were originally meant to compete with the Corvette. IMO they were never as nice as the Vette, but they were still cool for what they were. Fiberglass then and fibergalss now... But $95K? That's a bit much...
Life is a highway...