News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Ramones

Started by 0X01B8, June 17, 2008, 01:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0X01B8

I can't believe I overlooked this band all these years.  I knew about them but never really got into it for some reason until I saw a documentary about them on Showtime.  Now it's all I want to hear.  Of course now it's too late to see them since they're all dead but the drummer.  Oh well.  Check out the car on their last album cover....

moparstuart

hey it's rat fink ramone

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Spike

Greatest garage band ever  :2thumbs:
Seen a few times, always a great show.

Mefirst

The Ramones is the Greatest and BEST band ever on this planet... There will never be another band like The Ramones... I grew up listening to them and I still do.

Johnny's "Buzzsaw" guitar sound was a revolution, people can say what ever that the greatest guitar player was Jimi Hendrix, bla, bla, bla... but in my book Johnny Ramones "Buzzsaw" sound put down the pavement for many more guitarists. No one can play like Hendrix, but you can sound like Johnny Ramone and thats more Rock N Roll in my book.... Joey gave hope to al "weirdos" like kids who don't fit in, he showed that you don't have to be like every one else.. Dee Dee, well he is Mr. Punk Rock, end of discussion... Tommy Ramone invented the "Wall of Sound" and was a kick in the nuts drummer who proved that "Less is Moore"....

Hey Ho... LET´S GO!!!

/Tom

PS. Get the Ramones "It´s Alive" (1979) album :punkrocka:

BrianShaughnessy

Great band.    They put on a great show.   I got to see them several times.  :icon_smile_cool:

RIP Joey,  Johnny and DeeDee.

It's Alive is a heluva album.   Hard to find.    I have it on vinyl.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

BMOTOXSTAR

The Ramones just f-ing rock....
Rock Rock Rock Rock ,
Rock &  Roll High School......
BTW, go rent Rock & Roll High School. :2thumbs:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Musicman

They were a great band... If your gonna do something, you've gotta really put your heart into it... and they sure did  :2thumbs: ... and lord knows they were a lot of fun.

You better know what you want
Cause you know how little I got

I can't give you anything

:punkrocka:

JimShine

I saw them near the end opening for White Zombie. It was a good show and they didn't take a single break while onstage. Meanwhile, Rob Zombie had his vocals flown in after the third song.

Manfred318

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on June 17, 2008, 03:40:02 PM
It's Alive is a heluva album.   Hard to find.    I have it on vinyl.
:iagree: it was one kick ass album. Ive been looking for an original copy on vinyl for a while now, but I cant seem to find one.
They are one of the bands on the top of my "Wish I would have got to see them" list.

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

Nacho-RT74

that IMHO one of the best 4 CHORDS band ever. I have all albums at home, counting B sides and everything
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

TiMopar

Back in 1976, I was 16 and was lucky enough to see their first and second shows in England ( at the Roundhouse and Dingwalls on 4th and 5th July ). They were stunning ( an appropriate word ). Actually taped the Dingwalls show. I remember that their debut album was the only album that my ever Dad objected to! He was a Jazz musician and usually very tolerant of the weird and bizarre noises emanating from my bedroom; " Sound like you've got a bloody pneumatic drill up there!"

0X01B8

Quote from: Mefirst on June 17, 2008, 03:09:12 PM
The Ramones is the Greatest and BEST band ever on this planet... There will never be another band like The Ramones... I grew up listening to them and I still do.

Johnny's "Buzzsaw" guitar sound was a revolution, people can say what ever that the greatest guitar player was Jimi Hendrix, bla, bla, bla... but in my book Johnny Ramones "Buzzsaw" sound put down the pavement for many more guitarists. No one can play like Hendrix, but you can sound like Johnny Ramone and thats more Rock N Roll in my book.... Joey gave hope to al "weirdos" like kids who don't fit in, he showed that you don't have to be like every one else.. Dee Dee, well he is Mr. Punk Rock, end of discussion... Tommy Ramone invented the "Wall of Sound" and was a kick in the nuts drummer who proved that "Less is Moore"....

Hey Ho... LET´S GO!!!

/Tom

PS. Get the Ramones "It´s Alive" (1979) album :punkrocka:

Yeah, Johnny's guitar playing is definitely the highlight (among many) for me.  It's so simple and brutal - sounds like pure anger.

ChargerSG

Im glad that i saw them 3 times
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

440AirForce

Good Times!  From stiffing glue, to Carbona!

Out of the hospital
Out against my will
Life is so beautiful
I've gone mental
:coolgleamA:
I've killed my family
They thought I was an oddity
Life is so beautiful
I am a vegetable
Mental..
I'm going mental...
Staring at the goldfish bowl
Poppin' phenobarbitol
Life is so beautiful
I've gone mental
Mental..
Sitting on my window sill
Life is so beautiful
I've become irrational
I've gone mental
Mental...
I'm going mental...
I'm going mental...
Whether or not I'm good at English is inimportant!

Jon Smith

I got to see 'em twice  :punkrocka:
great show  :cheers:
got "its alive" on vinyl somewhere too...

BigBlockSam

hey
  great band!  i seen them a bunch of trimes and worked several of there shows . i hung out in cb, gb's and seen them there . what i remember most was that they did the most amount of songs , in the least amount of time . . they played  a 2 minute song, then 1, 2, 3, 4, bang another song . that was great
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img