News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Six pack rebuld

Started by Big Sugar, October 17, 2005, 08:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Sugar

Anybody delt with these guys.
http://promaxcarbs.bizland.com/Home.chtml

I'm thinking about having my Six pack Holley's restored and upgraded to the Max pack with these folks over the winter. Any Advice or comments.
Are there any mods that can be made to the aluminum 6 pak intake manifold or is it good as it is.

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

firefighter3931

Hi Ron, i have heard a lot of good things about promax and their rebuilding services. I spoke with them at the Nats and they definately know their stuff. Promax has all kinds of neat parts for 6 packs....billet base plates, billet metering plates, linkage, fuel line kits etc....

Give them your combo and they'll dial in the carbs while they're doing the restoration. I'll be buying the billet baseplate and metering plates when it comes time to tear into mine more seriously. Nice people, very knowledgeable about their products and services, inmo. If you supply the correct info, the carbs will be a bolt on and go deal....fuel curve should be bang on.

Ron

Ps. welcome to the site.   :icon_smile_cool:
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Big Sugar

Thanks Ron
Good to here from you,Whats your thought on the intake manifold,? Any tweaking required ?

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

Chryco Psycho

I always port the intake , port matching as well as some radiusing of the corners can make a big difference , also I would use the jet plate so that normal jets can be used in the end carbs instead of the metering plates

Big Sugar

Hi Neil:
You mean at the heads right ? Should I radius The inlets at the carb end as well ?

Ron

firefighter3931

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on October 17, 2005, 10:55:08 PM
I always port the intake , port matching as well as some radiusing of the corners can make a big difference , also I would use the jet plate so that normal jets can be used in the end carbs instead of the metering plates

:iagree: The billet metering plates i mentioned above have provision for screw in jets which makes fuel curve adjustments much easier. I haven't fooled around too much with the 6-pack dual plane but i would think Neil's advice on portmatch and radiusing the inlets is right on the money. This is my first 6-pack setup and haven't really played with it much....yet   :devil:

I've tuned a few of them before for friends and allways found them a pain, but once they're dialed in they work great. The billet baseplate and metering blocks make tuning so much easier. Jetting and idle mixture adjustments are a snap.   :icon_smile_big:

Ron

Ps. Ron welcome back ! Been wondering where you've been

68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Big Sugar

Actually I've been hanging around at the 66-67 charger site it's been growing nicely.
Heard you were at Moparfest this year to bad I didn't get a chance to meet you.
Just got off the phone with Ben at Promax Carbs, Sounds like a good investment.They've been rebuilt
Before but never Fully restored, At least now they'll be Blueprinted & Dyno'd.
  I was origionally thinking of going with a fuel injected 6 Pak setup but those prices are a bit scary
not sure if the switch is worth the investment. http://www.fbthrottlebodies.com/
Thanks for the Advice Ron.

Ron

Chryco Psycho

I port the heads as well , but in this case I was talking about porting the intake

Big Sugar

The heads are Done Neil and the intake has been port matched to the heads, I'm wondering about the
Carb side of the intake, Just radius the port.?

Thanks Neil
Another fine Canuck

Ron

Chryco Psycho

there si not a lot of room to manuver in the top of the intake but yes radius the curve into the plenum

Big Sugar

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Big Sugar on October 18, 2005, 05:37:47 PM
  I was origionally thinking of going with a fuel injected 6 Pak setup but those prices are a bit scary
not sure if the switch is worth the investment. http://www.fbthrottlebodies.com/

So what's the damage on their setup if you don't mine me asking?

Rance does a 6 pack also but it's not cheap either  :P   http://www.rancefi.com/
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Big Sugar

Here's the Email  they sent me , a bit of info and some pricing. Keep in mind injectors and pump are not included in the price.(U.S funds)

Ron

QuoteRon,
So far so good!  We've six packed our Jensen using the BS3 system and sixpacked our 98 Dakota R/T 360 magnum using the stock computer and fuel system.  The magnum six pack was worth 12hp and 33 ft lbs of torque over the Mopar MPI single plane manifold and 55mm F&B TB.  We missed our chance to baseline the 440 six pack, but during the tuning process we destroyed our rear springs, power steering pump and differential, so I'm pretty sure HP and torque are way up over the 850BG and Performer RPM set-up.  Its tuned to manage the detonation problem we had with the carb and is very drivable! (It has my wife's seal of approval!)  We've put about 4000 miles on the magnum and about 2000 miles on the 440 set-up.  I attached some pics of the set-ups for your review.   Pricing for the 440 6 pack MPI is $2600.00 for the manifold, TBs, linkage, fuel rails and mounts and air cleaner base assembled and ready to install.   The 360 set-up is $2300.00 and uses the stock fuel rails.  We can do custom set-up work, air cleaner tops etc. for extra $$...
Please feel free to email with any other questions!
Thanks,
BKBridges www.fbthrottlebodies.com
[/color]