News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Guess what came in the mail today?

Started by Blackdog, July 27, 2005, 11:48:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackdog

Took about a week to get here, and a lot of money. But all in all i think they will be worth it. Cant wait to install them! There are a few more pics.
MoPAR is in the blood. 1974 Dodge Charger SE - Mine, 1966 Plymouth Sport Fury - Fathers

Blackdog

These look to be really well made, heavy duty stuff.
MoPAR is in the blood. 1974 Dodge Charger SE - Mine, 1966 Plymouth Sport Fury - Fathers

sandman21

SweeT!!!! What is your setup that they are going on?

Blackdog

These are for a 318 poly, TTi are the only people that make headers for them. Check out the price at TTi http://www.ttiexhaust.com/Header-Poly/Poly.htm . Tell me that doesnt hurt? Anyways 318 punched .030, forged stock crank, healthy cam (dont remember the full specs right now) Weiand Hi-Rise 4bbl intake and of couse the headers. In stock form with a 2bbl and solid lifter the HP was 230, so my dad and i are thinking close to 300 when its done. Also anyone know what kinda push rods we could use for the hyd. cam conversion?

Brock Samson

watch out for bottoming cause I used to have them on my 2" lowered Charger and I went out and played BULLETT with a car load of friends and smashed them FLAT on the first jump!
Not one of my brighter moves... sigh..  :P

bull

I was going to guess that you got a new Victoria's Secret catalogue in the mail but headers are pretty good too. I hope they stay nice and shiny for you.

And Strato, I hope you're not playing Bullitt anymore.  :rotz:

Mefirst

I bought the compleat exhaust/header set from TTi aswell..

I dont know if you bought the X-pipe or went with the H-pipe... Anyways, here are some tips... An extra pair of hands is a must...

Install the system from the front to the rear.. What ever you do -DO NOT tighten the clamps until you have mounted the whole exhaust system, you will need to be able to move the pipes a little to get a good fitment... The header reducers, etc.. have a left/right markings on them.. Remember to check that the pieces come on the correct side, if you dont, you will end up using language your mother didint teach you..

Bolt on the headers, spray copper sealer on both sides of the header gaskets. This is the best way to get the headers to seal up so you dont get any leaks. Also use exhaust sealer for the pipes...

First mount the header reducers to the headers then mount the X or H -pipe. The X-pipe is a little tricky to mount, you have to turn the bent pipes to get the pipes mounted into their right place. Just tighten the clamps so much that the pipes dont turn.. Have two floor stands ready to put under the pipes to hold them up in the rear..

Now move on to the muffler and the tail pipe. Dismount the tail pipe hanger (Ill explane why a little later).. The tail pipes also have markings on them which one comes on the left and right side.. OK.. Now you go and lay under the car, have the muffler close by!! Have your friend push the tailpipe over the rear axel from the rear, take your time, this needs some wiggling and patience. OK, now you have the tail pipe over the rear axel. Now mount the tail pipe rear hangers in place. You can mount the hangers first, it doesn't matter.. Did you remember to dismount the hanger? You need to take it appart so it will be more easy to mount and bolt it to the tailpipe later.. Have the bolts, nuts, etc.. close by also the tools to tighten it up later.. The hangers are also different, you have a right and a left side hanger..

So far so good... Then take the muffler and place it on top of your chest and then mount the muffler to the X or H-pipe you mounted earlier. Push the muffler in place, dont push it in to deep and remember to apply sealer to the pipe end!! Now have your friend lift up and hold the tailpipe up and mount the tailpipe together with the muffler. Have your friend lift the whole package up, as you put the hanger back together and bolt everything up... Again dont tighten the clamps to tight.. Finally mount the rear most tailpipe hanger..

Congrats, you now have mounted one side, now do the same on the other side.. Last, tighten al the clamps...

/Tom

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

V194

Very Nice, I never seen a flange that thick. Are they heavy?
Enjoy!

Mike
Out Dated Technology Marches On.

BigBlockSam

sure is purdy. tti makes the best headers. you pay for what you get. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Blackdog

Yeah, they have some weight to them. But i'd rather have that then some cheap thin junk if you know what i mean. I will get some pics of the motor up in the next couple days.

BigBlockSam

cheap header suck. i've had such bad experiences with them. leaks, can't get sparkplugs out or  just rust away. good luck with your project. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

Silver R/T

ya great header, but I would go with something bigger, why upgrade lil 318, they make 'ricers' laugh
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Blackdog

Give me the money for something bigger. Theres a difference between me and you, I dont care what they think and you apperently do. Plus this isn't an all out race car. This was built for a nice weekend crusier and maybe a light to light race if in the mood. Also i know what most of these Imports are running under the hood, so im not worried a bit. I'll be doing the laughing. This little old 325 Poly will be just fine.

Don't take any of this to heart.

BigBlockSam

i've seen 318's that kicked ass.   :punkrocka:

sandman21

I believe Mopar Muscle had a 318 build that was making 450hp with bolt-ons and a cam.  Money always plays a factor though.