News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 radio face plate repro?..................................

Started by bksfld68, October 17, 2005, 09:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bksfld68

A few months back I saw someone selling repro radio face plates for 68's and rear defroster delete plates, I believe his name was Mark Santoro.  Anyone know if he is still around or if someone else is making them?

Thanks,

Ryan

8WHEELER

I did see one of those delete plates for the dash 6-8mo ago but have not seen one since then.
I bought my last repop radio face plate 3mo ago from Hoffmans, it was the last nice one he had.
He was not making them himself and he was not going to get anymore of them because of the
bad warping that every one of them had. Some were real bad a few once installed would not be
noticeable and looked pretty good, but he has no more of them.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

bull

I don't know about the delete plate but Jack's Auto Parts finally has the '68 Charger radio faceplate:

Radio Trim Plate
68-69 Plymouth B Body $49.95
70 B Body w/rallye gauges $59.95
68 Charger $89.95
69 Charger $89.95

http://www.jacksautoparts.com Look under the heading for 'interior.' Probably back ordered out the wazzu.

bksfld68

Talked to them this morning, said they discontinued them a few months back.  Said it was a shame because they looked at fit well too.

Ryan

bull

That's weird. Did they say why they were discontinued? If all else fails there are still lots of good OE face plates and delete plates out there. Put an ad on here and moparts.com and something will turn up.

Try some of these places:

www.wildcatmopars.com 503-668-7786
www.dvap.com Desert Valley Auto Parts 800-905-8024
www.texasacres.com 800-667-2764 (listed above)
www.drmopar.com
www.classiccarranch.com/ 403-843-4289
www.allamericanclassics.com/ 360-254-8850 
Mo-par City 815-732-7751 (no website)
Johnny Dee’s 361-741-7791 (no website)
www.arizonaparts.com 480-966-6683
www.vvap.com Valley Vintage 440-355-4085 
www.cycleoptics.com/tpmopars.htm

If you get one that is wore out this place can make it and the rest of your plastic dash parts look brand new: http://www.cvvacuumplaters.com/

bksfld68

Bull -

Thanks for all the links.  I will check them out tomorrow.  I got my fishing line out here and on moparts  ;)

BTW - They never said why they discontinued them.

Ryan