News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Toy For My Son

Started by 01-RT-SE, October 17, 2005, 10:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

01-RT-SE

You guys may remember the white 66 coronet my son got last year. Someone offered him a amount that could not be turned down and he let it go. He saved his money and waited for another deal and we found this in Maryland. It had some problems,mainly the Idiot that owned it, but we have worked most of them out. It's not numbers match nor a CHARGER but it is a BIG BLOCK :yesnod:
69 FEELS FINE

TheGhost

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

73ChargerSE

I wish mine looked like that  :).  Nice car

01-RT-SE

There is alot of neat stuff already done.The major problem we had was someone had used a neutral balanced converter on a external balanced cast crank. Bought the B&M flex plate for a 440 cast crank allowing any neautral balance converter to be used ;)PROBLEM RESOLVED. NO more vibration from hell :flame:
69 FEELS FINE

01-RT-SE

His first BIG Block at seventeen JUST HAD TO HAVE IT. He showed alot of respect for his 66 ,and babies the one as much if not more. He knows the car does not have to prove anything to any body,It speaks for itself just setting there ideling.
69 FEELS FINE

Brock Samson

That's very very clean! Nice ride, wish it was mine!  ;)

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Nupe

That is a good looking car.  I love that style of Sats and 'Nets.  They are very under rated value wise.  :yesnod:

'79 Lil'Red Express.

911bear

:patriot: :drive: yea yea i want it please sent it postage paid!!!!!!! great looking car!!!!
1974 DODGE CHARGER SE BROUGHAM - CURRENTLY
CARS I HAVE OWNED :
4 - 1969 DODGE CHARGERS
1 - 1970 PLYMOUTH GRAN FURY W/ COVER UP HEADLIGHTS 2 DOOR
1 - 1970 PLYMOUTH ROADRUNNER
2 - 1973 DODGE CHARGERS
1 - CHRYSLER CORDOBA
1 - 1984 DODGE RAM TRUCK

Todd Wilson

I'd like to see a close up detailed pic of the fan belt setup on there! Looks like a nice clean old Mopar!

Todd

TruckDriver

NICCCCCE car!!! :yesnod: I'd drive it! :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Shakey

Quote from: 01-RT-SE on October 17, 2005, 10:18:22 PM
It had some problems,mainly the Idiot that owned it,

Very nice looking car.

Question though, why was the guy that owned it such an idiot?

I read about the crankshaft, was there something else he did during the deal?

Plain curiousity.

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Just 6T9 CHGR

I like the serp setup as well as the Sanden comp. 

Explain this vibration.....all the time or just at high rpm's?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bluesfool

Coronets are cooool cars!   8) Congratulations.

01-RT-SE

The serp set up is the MARCH system . Very clean looking set up. Will try to post more pics of that. Vibration started at 1800 RPMs got realey violant at 2500 RPMs and created quite a hum trying to go down the road. I should not be calling people names but the whole deal was not very pleasent. Ebay is not the best way to purchase a car. If at all possaible to go look at a car before purchase DO SO. This guy had just done so much flakey stuff to the car was what I meant.
69 FEELS FINE

blackcharger

. This guy had just done so much flakey stuff to the car was what I meant.

don't feel like the Lone Ranger there. I used to wake up screaming in the middle of the night after finding some of the crap done to my road runner.
Sweet looking Coronet.
Dave

Brock Samson

It's very well detailed, painted and it sure looks to be well sorted,..
I think it's kinda funny they went and sold it, maybe due to the bad-vibe,.. could it be that after getting it to that great looking condition they let it go because they didn't realize the external balancing was required?..  :icon_smile_big:
and figgured it was a dog?..  :P
How often have folks gotten rid of a ride they figgured was a hopeless mess, just because the timing was a few tics off, or because the car had some correctable problem?..  :icon_smile_dissapprove:
Well Your son sure lucked out, cause to me that there car' sure a keeper... MORE PICS PLEASE!!!  :P

derailed

beenaround

Charger_Fan

Wow, that's a beautiful car! :o
I really like the March system too. :thumbs:

So, was there a lot of price difference between the other car you sold & this one?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)