News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A good deal?

Started by devilgear, June 24, 2008, 04:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devilgear

A friend of a friend has overed me some engines and I was wondering if you all thought it may be a good deal. I have not seen them yet though-but I will soon. There are around 5 I think

*392 Hemi complete
*392 Hemi 75% complete
*354 Hemi 75 % complete x2
*331 Hemi complete?

I know not the best to go on, but he only wants $1000 for everything plus some parts. What do you all think? Anything I should keep in mind or look out for?
LATER!!!

Joshua

$1000 for ALL of them???? A good deal is an understatement.....BUY 'em....buy 'em NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A complete 392 is worth more than $1000 by itself..... :2thumbs:

devilgear

Yeah it is for all of them. Maybe I should just go get them then....HHHAHAHA. Thanks

devilgear

Ok small update. looks like there is 3 392's and one 354 Hemi. All are suposed to be in good condition, but 2 of the 392's are incomplete somehow.
LATER!!!

SFRT

that is a great deal.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hemi-hampton

I can remember in the 80's when you couldn't give them boat anchors away. Going prices then were $100-$300 each. Nowadays the Street rodders love them for that Nostalgic look. LEON.

darrin75

sell me the 392 Hemi complete :popcrn:
Check out New Upcoming site.
http://www.mopartraffic.com

devilgear

If I sell then and they are in good condition,I will let you all know.
LATER!!!

KMPX2

Not to long ago a complete rebuildable 392 sold on ebay for $3300

devilgear

moparstuart

sell me a 392 also !
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

devilgear

Ok, so I get an email from the guys with the HEMI's for sale with what he has. Is this still a good price? I know there are a few more things like valve covers and such he has.
3 - 392 Hemi engine blocks
3 - 392 Hemi crankshafts
3 - Pair 392 Hemi Cylinder heads (1 has valve job w/8 new valves)
3 - Pair 392 Hemi rocker arm assembly (1 with adjustable rockers)
1 - 2x4 Weiend Intake manifold for 392 Hemi w/2 Carter AFB Carburetors
1 - Cast-iron 1x4 Intake manifold for 392 Hemi
3 - cast-iron water pump manifolds w/pumps
1 - 331 cast-iron water pump w/auto trans cooler
1 - 331 Hemi engine block
1 - Pair 331 cylinder heads
1 - Pair 331 rocker arm assembly
1 - Trans Dapt "690-688" Early Chrysler Hemi to Chevy Manual trans engine Adapter housing
2 - Manual trans flywheel
1 - 12 V Starter (working)
1 - 6 V starter (non-working)
other assorted parts:
331 & 392 Hemi connecting rods
392 Hemi pistons
rocker arm covers
Oil pans
push rods
Head bolts
Valley covers
exhaust manifolds

68rt

buy it  all and buy it now  :woohoo:

mally69

If you can get all that for $1000  by ALL means get it its worth WAY more than that. Beleive me. ;)

41husk

Some of the 331`hemi's came with a bell housing for the fluid drive tranny as one piece with the block.  I don't think you can attach a 4 speed our a torque flight to these blocks.  You might want to make sure your noy buying boat anchors.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

mally69

Quote from: 41husk on June 28, 2008, 03:05:39 PM
Some of the 331`hemi's came with a bell housing for the fluid drive tranny as one piece with the block.  I don't think you can attach a 4 speed our a torque flight to these blocks.  You might want to make sure your noy buying boat anchors.

That is correct. But there is a guy I beleive he is located in california that cuts the bell housing off the back of the engine and drills and taps it out to be able to bolt up a torqueflite or a 4 speed. The auto and 4 speed  both have the same bolt pattern.