News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A little too late by 1 hour!!........

Started by 4402tuff4u, October 18, 2005, 12:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4402tuff4u

I just missed on a 1971 Challenger, 340 orig, suregrip, rally wheels, rally gauges with factory tach, in good running condition, rust behind both rear wheels for $ 1,800.00!!!! Called this salvage company Monday that had the Challenger advertised in a local paper and left message. Called again this morning and sure as sh*t it was gone just this morning! This company pick's up donated vehicles for a church and the old timer told me that he paid $ 40.00 for the Chally from the church!. I asked him how come did he sell it so cheap? He said he does not have time to store cars for that long of a period and it's an old car that needs to be restored. He said he pick's up between 50 - 100 cars a month, all kinds, makes condition, etc...  He said he has no space. I asked him if he would call me if he ran into other old Mopars and he said "no". No time for me to call everybody around. He said to save his number and give him a call every week if I wanted. I might just do that.
My wife would have had my nuts in a vice having a Charger now on resto, but I just could'nt let this one go for that price. Anyway getting back to this morning, when I called him back this morning to set up an appointment, the old timer said the guy just drove away with it!!  The killer is that the old man said he was asking $ 1,900 for it and that the buyer only had $ 1,800.00 on him and he got it!! I did'nt ask what color it was. I forgot that detail. Next time I speak to him I'll ask him. Who knows if it was a number matching car, if not could of been a nice clone.  :'( :brickwall: :cryin:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Shakey

What a drag.

Don't feel too bad, E-bodies aren't worth much these days.

PocketThunder

I went to help my sister move into her new apt building and in the basement garage there is a '71 Plum Crazy Chally sitting in the corner with 1/2" of dust on it.  340 auto car, white top, white interior.  Original condition with rust bubbles on the wheel wells and rough around the edges, but it would make a nice driver..   I left my name and number on a note on the window.   The land lady said "oh yeah thats Joe Blows car and he was looking to sell it awhile back but didnt." 

So its been two or three weeks now i guess i'd better go visit my sister with a wad of cash in my pocket....
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Old Moparz

Time to set up a surveillance camera at the guys shop so you can see what he's dragging back. Either that, or quit your job & go work for him & let him pay you in old cars he has no time for.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Brock Samson

I like that surveillance camera idea,.. Hummmm?..  :scratchchin:

4402tuff4u

I really thought that those "good-deals" are no longer out there, but episode has definetly changed my mind. Not everyone knows the desire and demand for these vehicles. I also wonder how many of these vehicles fall through the cracks and get crushed for scrap steel and shipped to Japan or China for rebar or misc. steel members.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"