News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Feedback ratings on greedbay, you can see a pattern thru demographics

Started by RD, October 18, 2005, 03:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

I was just looking for a timing belt for my lil' toyota corolla that was given to me and checking out feedback of the sellers.   I found that those who did the ground effects also sold motor parts and etc. etc.

The thing that I found interesting was that many of those sellers had large negative feedback ratings.   I know this may be a profiling or generalization, but it would seem that those who are mainly interested in those "drift" packages would also seem to be the same that give and receive many negative feedback ratings on ebay.

I found this interesting because in the mopar group on ebay, negative feedback is just that, negative and unwanted. I myself have a 100% feedback rating.

This may be connecting some distant threads, which is what my hypothesis may seem as to be doing, but I believe that the younger generation and those that surround themselves with the new generational fads are more apt to show irresponsible ebay etiquette as well as immaturity.   I know, I know some of you are like "RD, DUH!@@@!@!@#" , but hey it was an interesting dichotomy to see how one spectrum/continuum of ebay strives for positive excellence, whereas the other uses negativity so flippantly without regard to their, or the other interested party's, own credibility.

something to ponder on, waist 45 sec of your life, or in cudaken's place go get another beer for, belch! :D :D :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Mopar440+6

It can't be generationally based. I happen to be 19 years old and proudly hold a 100% feedback rating on eBag  :icon_smile_approve:
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

Ponch ®

Quote from: RD on October 18, 2005, 03:37:45 PM

This may be connecting some distant threads, which is what my hypothesis may seem as to be doing, but I believe that the younger generation and those that surround themselves with the new generational fads are more apt to show irresponsible ebay etiquette as well as immaturity.   I know, I know some of you are like "RD, DUH!@@@!@!@#" , but hey it was an interesting dichotomy to see how one spectrum/continuum of ebay strives for positive excellence, whereas the other uses negativity so flippantly without regard to their, or the other interested party's, own credibility.

somebody got a dictionary for his birfday.....
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

NHCharger

Jamey, you really need to get out more often. I'm beginning to worry about you.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Brock Samson

What's this part mean?..  ???

" it was an interesting dichotomy to see how one spectrum/continuum of ebay strives for positive excellence, whereas the other uses negativity so flippantly without regard to their, or the other interested party's, own credibility."

Vainglory, Esq.

Quote from: Stratocharger on October 18, 2005, 09:01:22 PM
What's this part mean?..   ???

" it was an interesting dichotomy to see how one spectrum/continuum of ebay strives for positive excellence, whereas the other uses negativity so flippantly without regard to their, or the other interested party's, own credibility."

I get it :P

Although I'm not sure spectrum or continuum would be the right word there.

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: Vainglory on October 18, 2005, 09:12:08 PM
Quote from: Stratocharger on October 18, 2005, 09:01:22 PM
What's this part mean?..   ???

I get it :P

Although I'm not sure spectrum or continuum would be the right word there.

Demographic would work.  :nana:

Somebody get this man a Pabst and a Hustler, STAT! :2thumbs:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Brock Samson

Johnny SixPack

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

BB1

Delete my profile

Khyron

too many big words, I had to stop reading.... sorry :nana:

besides. I don't ebay :P

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

RD

sorry guys...  :-[

I am not trying to sound like a smartsy pants, it's just that sometimes those damn 4 and 5 syllable words pop out of my mouth because i think they are the right words to use.

Here is the Pabst Blue Ribbon, wife beater shirt version of what I said.

them thar sumbeaches who by dem ricer outfets for dare karz R a seemin' to me to haf no dam respekt or responzibillT!  Dey keepa givin eech udder bad responsez.  Welp, I tink dat dey do it cuz dey haf no brainz or matoridy.  May not be a youngin'z thing like dat 19 yer ol feller said, but by God almighty they sur do show yankee like behavyor.  Y'know, kinda like dem sity boyz do, right ponch?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

RD

Quote from: formula_440 on October 18, 2005, 09:16:08 PM

Demographic would work.  :nana:

Somebody get this man a Pabst and a Hustler, STAT! :2thumbs:

bwhahahahhhahhhahaha sniff sniff, had me crying