News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fuel cell in trunk?

Started by WingCharger, July 02, 2008, 12:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WingCharger

When you put a fuel cell in the trunk of a car, and remove the old one, do you have to install a new electric fuel pump? The pump out of the old tank will not work in a cell right? Could somebody reccomend a good fuel cell and pump. I dont know what size would be the best, but lets say it is a 440 daily driver.

Mefirst

-Why a fuelcell??? Just buy a new stock fuel tank..

The fuelcell will cause you headache after headache... First off youll loose allot of trunk space. You have to make new fuel lines.. You should also seal off the trunk from the inside of the car so if you have an accident and the fuelcell gets punctured or you flip the car, the fuel wont leak and burn who ever is inside the car to a crisp... For a daily driver you could use the mechanical fuel pump with a fuelcell.. and no, there is no fuelpump inside the stock fueltank, the fuelpump is located at the right side of the engine... If you use a fuelcell you also need to buy a new fuel gauge sender, etc... so al in al you will not save that much money when everything is done, so the cost of a new stock fuel tank is a much smarter investment... and a whole lot less of a headache...

My :Twocents:

/Tom

Blown70

IF you really want a aftermarket get a rons, and they come with an aeromotive pump in the tank, I believe the tank is stainless too?

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: Blown70 on July 02, 2008, 01:10:22 PM
IF you really want a aftermarket get a rons, and they come with an aeromotive pump in the tank, I believe the tank is stainless too?

do you have any contact info for Ron's ?  Need a tank made for my Charger
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Blown70

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on July 03, 2008, 12:14:25 PM
Quote from: Blown70 on July 02, 2008, 01:10:22 PM

do you have any contact info for Ron's ?Ā  Need a tank made for my Charger

Ummm oopps   Maybe RICKS? 

http://www.rickshotrodshop.com/index.html 

Thought I saw them on the site some time ago, looks like its update. 

EDIT, they do have them, you may have to look, I forgot to direct link it.  They will also make them deeper or wider if you side exit your exhaust.