News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 R/T daytona project

Started by moparstuart, July 11, 2008, 01:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

It amazes me how many unfinished daytona project are out there , and this one in my back yard !   janek must make a killing on cars that never get put together    :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/car/740158338.html         seem like a great price to me if it's a real R/T
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Blown70

Really,  I would take Larrys at his Listed 19,998.  Before that one.... Call me crazy there is A LOT of work to do for $10,000 there yet.... :shruggy:

moparstuart

Quote from: Blown70 on July 11, 2008, 01:53:33 PM
Really,  I would take Larrys at his Listed 19,998.  Before that one.... Call me crazy there is A LOT of work to do for $10,000 there yet.... :shruggy:

yes larry's is nice but if this is a real r/t . You could buy the r/t and sell it for more then the 10k Plus the janik kit is worth at least 5k  retail 

Blown70

Quote from: moparstuart on July 11, 2008, 01:56:11 PM
Quote from: Blown70 on July 11, 2008, 01:53:33 PM

yes larry's is nice but if this is a real r/t . You could buy the r/t and sell it for more then the 10k Plus the janik kit is worth at least 5k  retail 

Ok, I can go with that..

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

Beep Beep Dave

Pretty vague ad, if it was a real R/T 4-speed and had the drivetrain inact I could easily see it bring $10k. I suspect it started out as something much lower in the food chain.
Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

BigBlockSam

shouldn't make a daytona replica out of a real r/t . plenty of 69- 70 chargers out there that need help .  :nana:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

hotrod98

Quote from: BigBlockSam on July 11, 2008, 05:10:41 PM
shouldn't make a daytona replica out of a real r/t . plenty of 69- 70 chargers out there that need help . :nana:

Okay, now just who was that comment directed at?  ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on July 11, 2008, 05:10:41 PM
shouldn't make a daytona replica out of a real r/t . plenty of 69- 70 chargers out there that need help .  :nana:
no worries someone else can change it back later if they so feel

hotrod98

If all goes as planned, the body will have paint on it by the end of the day.
Oh, and I kept all of the originl parts. I used a different deck lid to alter for the daytona. I even taped the two parts that I cut out of the trunk drip trough to the original deck lid. I guarantee you that I could have the car converted back in less than a week if I chose to do so. Probably won't happen though. To be quite honest, I've owned so many chargers over the years that I don't get too excited about them. Chargers no...Daytonas...yes.  ;D

Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

Quoteno worries someone else can change it back later if they so feel   

after doing all the work on the car . then getting it all correct . you aint changing that car back .to much work to ruin a daytona .

:nono: :bawling: :METAL: :patriot:

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on July 12, 2008, 10:59:22 AM
Quoteno worries someone else can change it back later if they so feel   

after doing all the work on the car . then getting it all correct . you aint changing that car back .to much work to ruin a daytona .

:nono: :bawling: :METAL: :patriot:
crazier things have happened

BigBlockSam

hotrod98

The price is not really that bad if a guy wanted to continue in the direction that he's going. Another 30 to 35k and you'll have enough parts to complete it. The rest of the hemi stuff alone will run 18 to 20k. Then there's the interior including seat cores, the rest of the driveline, wiring harnesses, trunk hinges and on and on and on...
I wonder if he would be interested in trading for a beautifully restored 79 Trans Am. I have around 16K in the T/A and it's a nice driver.  ;D

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on July 14, 2008, 10:28:16 AM
The price is not really that bad if a guy wanted to continue in the direction that he's going. Another 30 to 35k and you'll have enough parts to complete it. The rest of the hemi stuff alone will run 18 to 20k. Then there's the interior including seat cores, the rest of the driveline, wiring harnesses, trunk hinges and on and on and on...
I wonder if he would be interested in trading for a beautifully restored 79 Trans Am. I have around 16K in the T/A and it's a nice driver.  ;D
call him seem like a good price to me for a real 70 R/T no drive train though

Howie

No trade larry, It ended with buy it now. Someone has a lot of work ahead of them.

Old Moparz

$12K isn't bad for all that was shown in the ebay ad. Now I have a better idea of what my pile of stuff is worth.  :lol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

moparstuart

Quote from: Howie on July 14, 2008, 02:04:13 PM
No trade larry, It ended with buy it now. Someone has a lot of work ahead of them.
  they could have saved 2 grand if they saw the craigs list listing

I want the mock up hemi for my office lobby

Old Moparz

Quote from: moparstuart on July 14, 2008, 02:19:36 PM
Quote from: Howie on July 14, 2008, 02:04:13 PM
  they could have saved 2 grand if they saw the craigs list listing

I want the mock up hemi for my office lobby

Here you go, Jeg's has them..... http://www.jegs.com/p/P-Ayr+Products/763916/10002/-1/10719
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

moparstuart

to rich for a cheapskate like me !

hotrod98

I'll sell you a 426 block for that kind of money. An original 66 block with a damaged lifter bore. Supposedly repairable according to a hemi builder that looked at it.
All nice and clean and ready to go. All you would need is a set of heads.  :icon_smile_big:

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on July 14, 2008, 04:16:16 PM
I'll sell you a 426 block for that kind of money. An original 66 block with a damaged lifter bore. Supposedly repairable according to a hemi builder that looked at it.
All nice and clean and ready to go. All you would need is a set of heads.  :icon_smile_big:

throw in some heads and i'm game   :smilielol: :smilielol:

66chargerkid

^looks like we have found a motor for my 66 =)