News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Windo crank factory position

Started by WINGMAN, July 11, 2008, 06:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WINGMAN

Any one have pics or know of how the windo crank handle was installed from the factory for a 69 Charger ? Do the fronts point front and rears point back with the windo up.  Thanks.  :icon_smile_cool:   Jay.
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

craigandlynda

not sure if there was a "stock window crank handle position"....i do know that when reassembling, at least for the drivers door, i put the handle up and slightly forward, so my knee doesn't knock it ....and make the other door match...does it really make a difference for show purposes? i dunno...maybe in some of the sales literatur :scratchchin:e there will be a picture....

A383Wing

I ain't got no window crank thingy's....just got "up-down" buttons....

Bryan

69_500

Jay,

According to factory specs the window cranks on a D and E Series car (68 and 69) the window cranks would be in the rearward position when the windows are rolled up. IE All facing the back of the car, in a 3 o'clock position if you viewed the passenger side handles as a clock, and in the 9 o'clock position for the drivers side.

Ghoste

Of course if it was getting close to lunch or the end of the shift, you just put the stupid thing on however it fit and damn the torpedoes.

69_500

Apparently it was always lunch time when it came time to apply any of the graphics on a car though, especially the tire pressure decal and the antifreeze decal. I don't think I've seen a single original car that has one on it straight, or without a bubble.

Ghoste

I know you aren't going to believe me, but getting decals applied straight and flat on a moving assembly line can be more of a challenge than you might think.  I'm not saying it's right or even that it's okay, I'm just saying that it can be frustrating.

BROCK

I've always thought that window cranks faced forward when the wndows were up.  Rearward for the tipical 5'11" guy, like me, was a nuscence.
Yeah I tried it - not paying attention to what it was.......The cool factor is that all the way down & all the way up put the crank in the same spot!

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

69_500

Depends on the year. 1968 and 1969 would be rearward, 1970 would face forward.

BROCK

Quote from: 69_500 on July 17, 2008, 04:34:37 PM
Depends on the year. 1968 and 1969 would be rearward, 1970 would face forward.

Another good reason for choosing a 70 :2thumbs: :brickwall: :D :nana:

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

Ghoste

WINGMAN

Thanks to all for the help :icon_smile_big:  Jay.
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,