News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

is 74 charger headliner non-perforated??

Started by rudyjrusa, July 17, 2008, 10:51:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rudyjrusa

i am trying to buy a new headliner for my 74 charger and don't remember if it is non-perforated or perforated??  can somebody help??

ViperRedCharger

Rudy,

Call Legendary Interiors, they will tell you.  1-800-363-8804

rudyjrusa

Quote from: ViperRedCharger on July 17, 2008, 02:22:11 PM
Rudy,

Call Legendary Interiors, they will tell you.  1-800-363-8804

they have no idea!

E5 Charger

The original headliner in my 74 is non-perforated.

JrJohnston

Quote from: rudyjrusa on July 17, 2008, 10:51:38 AM
i am trying to buy a new headliner for my 74 charger and don't remember if it is non-perforated or perforated??  can somebody help??

What model,and trim package?
Junior Johnston
SCB AutoTrim
2565 B W. Bennett
Springfield,Mo 65807
417-869-7700
www.scbautotrim-mo.com
www.myspace.com/scbautotrim

Nacho-RT74

all repros are anyway not close to te originals, no matter if perforated or no
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

rudyjrusa

Quote from: JrJohnston on July 18, 2008, 07:59:01 AM

1974 charger SE Brougham edition

JrJohnston

Quote from: rudyjrusa on July 18, 2008, 07:25:42 PM

Perforated on that one.That is what my 74 Detroit interior book is showing.
Junior Johnston
SCB AutoTrim
2565 B W. Bennett
Springfield,Mo 65807
417-869-7700
www.scbautotrim-mo.com

rudyjrusa

Quote from: JrJohnston on July 19, 2008, 01:43:38 PM

thanks - i just ordered one from Dantes Parts - it had to be special ordered because i have a manual sunroof.  i also had to order extra material for my sail panels.  i have new sail panels and need to add the material to it.  not sure how to put it on the car.  the original ones had clips.  maybe i can use felcro - instead.

rudyjrusa

received the headliner from REM - it is not like the original - the original seem to be like cloth type material with lines in it - the new one seems to be vinyl type with no lines and holes in it - i guess they don't make the cloth type headliner anymore - i hope this works out. is the new headliners vinyl type of material??

Bob

Quote from: JrJohnston on July 19, 2008, 01:43:38 PM

Agree, perforated.

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: rudyjrusa on July 24, 2008, 07:02:27 AM
received the headliner from REM - it is not like the original - the original seem to be like cloth type material with lines in it - the new one seems to be vinyl type with no lines and holes in it - i guess they don't make the cloth type headliner anymore - i hope this works out. is the new headliners vinyl type of material??

as I told you... and is the only one available. At least they are more and very close to the Venezuelan Headliners so is not a BIG problem to me :D
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Bob

Rudy,
My original was perforated clothe. My new replacement was vinyl perforated. I think you will like the vinyl better.

rudyjrusa

Quote from: Bob on July 24, 2008, 10:05:45 AM
Rudy,
My original was perforated clothe. My new replacement was vinyl perforated. I think you will like the vinyl better.
i am a little worried about placing the vinyl onto the pointed metal hooks - the cloth probably would not rip - the vinyl looks like it will tear easy.  is there a good way to do this??  plus i have a manual sunroof and only 2 bows - that should make it a litter easier.

Bob

You don't want to stretch it that hard. The vinyl is pretty durable. I stretched mine enough that the wrinkles were gone. I suppose with a sunroof it is a little more difficult but patience is required. I'm uncertain about what the instructions read but I did start in the rear and worked my way forward.
It is not as difficult as it looks. Let me know how it turns out. Take some pics before, during and after if you could.

Bob

Mr_fixit

It's too late, but 74 se's never had holes..

rudyjrusa

Quote from: Mr_fixit on August 14, 2008, 10:55:34 PM

headliner has been very diffucult with the manual sunroof - i have too many wrinkles in headliner - would not do that again.  maybe when i get the vinyl roof done - i will let the vendor do the headliner over.  it has been just taking too long to get this car completed - just getting too frustrated at this point.  losing interest.......

Bob

Quote from: rudyjrusa on August 15, 2008, 09:14:58 AM

headliner has been very diffucult with the manual sunroof - i have too many wrinkles in headliner - would not do that again.  maybe when i get the vinyl roof done - i will let the vendor do the headliner over.  it has been just taking too long to get this car completed - just getting too frustrated at this point.  losing interest.......

Rudy,
I understand your frustration as well as many many others on this board. Just back away from it for awhile. You have to remember my friend that all things done to your Charger will not be easy and at times discouraging. Have faith in yourself and just take your time. You have come to far to lose interst. I have been following your progress and you are doing great. Just take a break.
Bob

JrJohnston

Like Bob said,just step back take a break and work on something else.I have done quit a few headliners in Chargers and they are about the most frustrating bow headliner to install.25 years ago my grandfather tought me how to do bow headliners on a 71 Charger.
  Just leave it alone for a few days and work on something else,and then go back to the headliner.
Junior Johnston
SCB AutoTrim
2565 B W. Bennett
Springfield,Mo 65807
417-869-7700
www.scbautotrim-mo.com

rudyjrusa

Quote from: Bob on August 18, 2008, 07:48:47 AM

Rudy,
I understand your frustration as well as many many others on this board. Just back away from it for awhile. You have to remember my friend that all things done to your Charger will not be easy and at times discouraging. Have faith in yourself and just take your time. You have come to far to lose interst. I have been following your progress and you are doing great. Just take a break.
Bob

thanks for the advice

rudyjrusa

Quote from: JrJohnston on August 18, 2008, 09:03:58 AM

Like Bob said,just step back take a break and work on something else.I have done quit a few headliners in Chargers and they are about the most frustrating bow headliner to install.25 years ago my grandfather tought me how to do bow headliners on a 71 Charger.
  Just leave it alone for a few days and work on something else,and then go back to the headliner.

thanks for the advice - this past weekend i did something else on car - installed the steering column and master syslinder - had to get away from the headliner stuff.

Charger74SE

Like the other members have said, it does get frustrating at times and the best thing to do is to just back away and work on something else. I'm still doing body work on my car and its now at 2 1/2 yrs. but I did get alot of other parts refinished when things were not going like it should.
Have you tried using a hair drier to draw up the wrinkles in the headliner? 

2012 Charger SE
1974 Charger SE
USAF and A&P mechanic retired.

Charger74SE

Oh yes they do because I own one that still has the original headliner.

2012 Charger SE
1974 Charger SE
USAF and A&P mechanic retired.

rudyjrusa

Quote from: Charger74SE on August 19, 2008, 07:38:59 PM
Like the other members have said, it does get frustrating at times and the best thing to do is to just back away and work on something else. I'm still doing body work on my car and its now at 2 1/2 yrs. but I did get alot of other parts refinished when things were not going like it should.
Have you tried using a hair drier to draw up the wrinkles in the headliner? 

i will try to use a hair drier this weekend - i just need to finish it so i can start putting back the molding and interior pieces. 

Bob

Quote from: Charger74SE on August 19, 2008, 07:42:24 PM
Oh yes they do because I own one that still has the original headliner.

:cheers: