News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Plug wires

Started by MadScientist, October 19, 2005, 07:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadScientist

Hey alll,

Any suggestions for plug wires on a rebuilt 383 4bbl with electronic ignition conversion.  Car is pretty much stock but restored.  Any ignition coil suggestions would be great to.  What I have works, but its old and looks bad.

Thanks

MS

RD

it really varies based upon what you want and what you are doing with it, but....

coil - blaster 2, but if you want stock looking, summit sells a stock looking version

wires - accel 300+ work well, any 8mm or up would be fine, but if you have stock motor, any autoparts off the shelf is good also (they have lifetime warranty afterall; same goes for the coil in this regard).
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Chryco Psycho

use a good quality wire like MSD , BlueMax or Jacobs
there are many good high output coils some look stock others are not even close

MadScientist

I guess now that you mention it, I would like a decent performance coil that looks stock with a set of 8mm wires that look relatively stock.  Were the original wires black or orange on these engines?  If you guys could point me in the direction of a few vendors of these coils/wires that would be great.

MS

cudaken

I also run a MSD Blaster2 coil on the 68 Road Runner. God, what color is a stock wire, I think black but have not seen a stock wire for over 25 years now.

MadScientist, if they where black I have a set of Taylor wires with maybe 2000 miles on them with stock manafolids. Was told they where good wires, but went with Blue Max wires when I installed the Blower Project. Has headers.

Let you have them cheap if you could use them. $25.00 with shipping in the US. 69 Charger was the last hold put I had with stock exhaust, now all of them have headers. Wont be be using them again.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Nacho-RT74

Original wires are Orange as far I know. At least those are what YO sells and ebay with date coded printer numbers and Pentastar.

what's the differnce ( beside diameter of course ) between original 7mm and 8mm.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Chryco Psycho

black & oragne were used depending on the year , I think orange was 71 & newer