News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Trans removal/install

Started by moparjohn, October 19, 2005, 08:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparjohn

Finnally getting the trans done and installed. Will I need to remove the exhaust to remove/install the trans? 383/727 tti 2.5" w/H pipe.
                                                                          Thanks John
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

R2

I would remove the exhaust.....it will be much easier....can unhook it from the headers,,,etc...
I would also remove the fan, fan shroud, and watch the radiator closely,,,,as you tilt the motor back to get the trans in and out,,,the fan will tilt ,,, hit the radiator or shroud and cause some damage...dont ask how i know this..... LOL

R2

ScottW

I second removing the exhaust. I had an h-pipe on exhaust manifolds and I couldn't imagine trying to take the trans out without removing the exhaust first.

1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1974 Dodge Charger SE 360/4v Sunroof

cudaken

When I had my H-pipe intalled I had it split in the center and had flanges installed so I could split them a part when the 727 needed to be done.

Yes, you will need to drop the exhaust. After you are done with the 727, be a good idea to have the H cut and flanges installed. Makes life easyer if something goes bad.

Makes easyer on yanking the engine as well in my case.

Cuda Ken
I am back

ron73440

drop the exhaust, also I put a screw jack with a block of wood under the oil pan so I didn't have to worry about the radiator
I LIKE BEER!!!
USMC

Just 6T9 CHGR

I know with a factory H-Pipe setup you do

Not too sure if the TTI stuff has the H section further back to clear te tailshaft
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

cudaken

6T9_CHGR.... when I did DFS Charger I installed the TTI exhaust and it will need to come down. Did fit great and was not that hard to install.

Cuda Ken
I am back

moparjohn

the trans is in and we did NOT have to drop the TTI exhaust! that saved a little time. The car is much faster now with great response from a dead stop.
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!