News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Can anyone help me get this thing running so I can sell it?

Started by WH23G3G, October 19, 2005, 10:53:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH23G3G

Sorry, I posted awhile back about this 76 Datsun B210 I was working on to sell to get money for my Charger. I'm still working on it too, but have got a buyer, but I've got to get it running. It ran good, after I installed new points, carb, and plugs, but still had a major vacuum leak. It turned out to be the intake/exhaust manifold gasket. So I changed it. After I changed the intake/exhaust gasket and installed the carb, and hooked all the new vacuum hoses up according to the 76 Datsun service manual, it was hard to get started initially because obviously of no gas in the carb. But without too much effort it started and after it was receiving a smooth flow of gas, the engine ran beautifully and sustained, with no vacuum leaks or idle problems at all. However, the valve cover gasket was leaking on the exhaust manifold so we shut it down, changed the gasket, in which we had to remove the air cleaner, disconnect the air cleaner hoses and hook everything back up. We didn't have to unplug anything electrical or do anything to the carb. Well once we got it all back together, it just absolutely will not fire up at all. It makes the sound of trying to start, and it does have fire, but even when you pump the gas while starting it doesn't change the characteristic of it trying to fire up. I've checked all the hoses and electrical connections in the area where we had to unplug to get the cover off, I checked the distributor to see if it was turning, checked for spark at the coil, and wires and it shows fire. The fuel filter has fuel in it, the jets spray when gas pedal is pumped, and the float glass is right on level. Firing order is correct. What else could I even check? If it has fire, does that mean the distributor is working properly? Should a manual 4 speed only be able to start in neutral, because the key would still turn over in Reverse and try to start. I don't know what else to check. Fuses are all fine too. Any ideas?

Charger71

Connections?  Timing?  If not, wouldn't have a clue...