News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Progress on the '73 SE ::: Update Sept 22nd - Misc Progress

Started by 73ChargerSE, July 26, 2008, 11:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73ChargerSE

Just waiting for wiring and needing to do some other miscellaneous things to the Charger.  The motor is in.  Yes I know the booster and master cylinder is painted, it's not a 100 pt. resto.   I've also got my dual exhaust valance on now, it's a bit crooked but I'll fix that soon.  Picked up some Super stock springs for $75 and may be throwing those on there when I swap for the 8 3/4" that I've got.  All in all progress is coming along pretty well.  Check out the 1973 AZ license plate that I picked up  :coolgleamA:.  I had the original one that came with the car, but this one is in great shape.  Hopefully soon there will be pictures of it in action.  

Paul

mikesbbody

Looking good! the booster and M.C dont bother me  :2thumbs:

ChargerSG

Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

rudyjrusa

looks great - what size is engine??

1969chargerrtse

Looks great, good job.  I like the color. :2thumbs:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Harlow

Looking good. How much longer are you thinking till you have that thing at a Little Anthony's show?

69*F5*SE

It looks great.  You should be very proud  :coolgleamA:

73ChargerSE

Thanks guys.  I got kind of jealous of other people with progress so I decided to do some of my own.  I owe a lot to some of the members here on the board (need to start counting how many beers I owe  ;))  Ron (Firefighter) helped me immensely when I was putting the motor together.  It's a 400 .030" over with KB pistons, .525 lift cam, Stealth aluminum heads, Mopar Performance roller rockers, and a lot of other things.   I think the engine bay looks tons better than how it used to look. 

Scott, should have it out there in about a month, depends on when my wiring from Year One finally gets shipped and if I've got money for my exhaust.

Paul

Harlow

Quote from: 73ChargerSE on July 27, 2008, 02:31:46 PM
Thanks guys.  I got kind of jealous of other people with progress so I decided to do some of my own.  I owe a lot to some of the members here on the board (need to start counting how many beers I owe  ;))  Ron (Firefighter) helped me immensely when I was putting the motor together.  It's a 400 .030" over with KB pistons, .525 lift cam, Stealth aluminum heads, Mopar Performance roller rockers, and a lot of other things.   I think the engine bay looks tons better than how it used to look. 

Scott, should have it out there in about a month, depends on when my wiring from Year One finally gets shipped and if I've got money for my exhaust.

Paul

Nice. It'll be cool to see that thing on the road. I just bought a new daily driver so now I know what kind of money I've got to work with for a project.

CHRGR SE

Under construction 1973 Charger SE/RT resto-mod.

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

4speed

73chgrSE

Beautiful. Great to see a nice 400. :2thumbs:

BMOTOXSTAR

:cheers: :2thumbs:
More pic's...more pic's.... :drool5:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

ViperRedCharger

Looking Good!  I know the feeling when things are getting accomplished.  You can't wait to tackle the next item.  Keep up the nice work.

Eric

Charger1973

Looks really nice man, I want to see more pics of the rest of the car too.

73ChargerSE

Well here's a before picture of the engine bay and one of the car itself that was taken about a year and a half ago (about 6 months after it was taken off the road, again).  When I get the engine fully done and the car driving I will definitely take some more picture.

rudyjrusa

looks like the car has a sunroof - is it a manual crack sunroof??  i have one on my 74 charger - nice too have if it works.

73ChargerSE

Yep, manual sunroof.  It does work, very nicely.  A few years ago, when I was about 14 (WOW!) we took the sunroof out, cleaned it up and put cables and a new crank gear in it.  WOrks like a charm now.

Charger1973

Very cool to have the sunroof option..  the condition of the car looks very similar to mine as far as rust/dents/dings go.

HKCharger

man it looks great! Can you post more pictures?

JPL

More pics please.......genIII brother.. :cheers:

HKCharger

how long have you owned the car?

any history you know about the car? :icon_smile_cool:

73ChargerSE

I've owned the car since I was 13 or 14.  I'm 19 now, so it's been a while  :yesnod:.  My uncle bought the car used in '76 from a dealer here in Tucson, AZ that is still in business.  In about 1980 or so, my father came into ownership of it, and that's why I've got it.  I've got rust in the lower quarters because my father was in construction and nails fell down the trunk extension, that combined with a bad trunk seal and house carpet sealed it's fate.  The first picture is when my dad had it one of the only times it has snowed in Tucson, around 1984.  I was lucky enough to see snow fall a couple of years ago, so I had to take a picture of the Charger.  Somewhere I've got a picture where I tried to mimic the picture he took.  Also there's a picture from when I was driving it sophomore year

Thanks for the compliments guys! I don't see my car as that special.

Big Lebowski

Sweet Charger dude :cheers: Looks like it snows in the desert occasionally. I heard it was 106* in Tucson last week. That's just too hot.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."