News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rent a wheel?

Started by JimShine, October 20, 2005, 11:44:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimShine

This blew me away. Kids forking over car loan sized payments for wheels to use on crap cars.

http://www.detnews.com/2005/autosinsider/0501/25/C03-69726.htm

"Actor Ray Smith, 29, of Inglewood pays $60 a week for his rims, which will amount to more than $3,000 over a year for a set that could be bought for $1,560 cash. "It's not that bad," he says. "It's affordable."

BrianShaughnessy

Oh snap... nevermind.   They're just not too bright to begin with anymore are they?
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Old Moparz

I always thought it was odd to spend way more on wheels than a car anyway.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Shakey

Bling was never that important to me.

JimShine

I wonder how many cars are so decrepit that they doe 1/4 way through the payment plan and the rims go back, are resold and the payment plan starts all over again.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on October 20, 2005, 11:58:42 AM

Oh snap... nevermind.     They're just not too bright to begin with anymore are they?
Nope, not at all. :rotz:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Ponch ®

Quote from: JimShine on October 20, 2005, 11:44:46 AM
This blew me away. Kids forking over car loan sized payments for wheels to use on crap cars.

http://www.detnews.com/2005/autosinsider/0501/25/C03-69726.htm

"Actor Ray Smith, 29, of Inglewood pays $60 a week for his rims, which will amount to more than $3,000 over a year for a set that could be bought for $1,560 cash. "It's not that bad," he says. "It's affordable."

forget about whether "bling" is dumb or not (im looking for some new dubs for the G-Ride myself), but paying $60 a week for rims is just plain idiotic. If you cant afford it, dont buy it.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

MichaelRW

Quote from: Old Moparz on October 20, 2005, 12:00:30 PM

A customer came by the other day with this. I discreetly took this picture.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

4cruzin

Quote from: MichaelRW on October 20, 2005, 03:59:39 PM

OMG is that UGLY!! 
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

dkn1997

RECHRGED

Ponch ®

Quote from: MichaelRW on October 20, 2005, 03:59:39 PM

theyre called "Donks". Its the latest sensation that is sweeping the Dirty South of our nation. They put Hummer axels on them rides and put 26"-30" rims on them. Some weird shit.

Quote from: dkn1997 on October 20, 2005, 05:52:01 PM
anal rent a wheel

:haha:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Charger_Fan

Like this POS from eGouge a while back? ::)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

JimShine

:icon_smile_dead:

Someone has to Photoshop an old Station wagon jacked up with a set of wagon wheels on it. It may start a new trend with the Hippity Hopp kidz.

MichaelRW

;D

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Ponch ®

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on October 20, 2005, 06:10:35 PM
Like this POS from eGouge a while back? ::)

yep..thats actually more of a Donk than the one MichaelRW posted.

ChargerRob

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

HalfastAMX

Theres a place near me thats called "Rent to roll" I stopped in out of curiosity and about laughed my way out the door. Prices are ridiculous, products are laughable, and the employees think they are all that.
Wasted money in my book when you can pay 60 a week, why not save for 2 weeks and buy a tire at a time? OR save longer and get a wheel at a time?

I dont get it........actually i do its called desperation to be percived as rich and or cool ;)

Ponch ®

Quote from: HalfastAMX on October 21, 2005, 02:54:20 PM

I dont get it........actually i do its called desperation to be percived as rich and or cool ;)

basically.

what these impatient assmonkeys dont realize (or maybe they do, but they dont care), is that they could put those $60 away every week and then buy the wheels cash for half the price and in half the time.

MichaelRW

Quote from: Ponch on October 21, 2005, 03:24:07 PM
Quote from: HalfastAMX on October 21, 2005, 02:54:20 PM

basically.

what these impatient assmonkeys dont realize (or maybe they do, but they dont care), is that they could put those $60 away every week and then buy the wheels cash for half the price and in half the time.

Yes, but that would take logic, planning, mathematics and commom sense.  ;D

BigBlackDodge

There's lots of places that do the 'weekly' thing, especialy furniture stores. Break the price down to small amounts and people think they are getting a bargain! Lots of people are to stupid to do mutilplication and they pay out the nose.................and they're happy to do so. ::)

It's the American way! ;D

BBD

Steve P.

I don't mind them spending every last dime on that shiP. Now that they are interested in that crap, our wheels seem to be staying on our cars and I don't hear as much cRAP blasting out from their trunks.. Seams like less fart cans too.... 

I say, let them buy that shit instead of all the stuff that pisses me off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One more thing.. At least with them raising the cars up we don't have traffic jams on the supermarket parking lots speed bumps..

It's been a while since I saw a Toyota teetering on a speed bump.. :icon_smile_big:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Andrew

This isnt just a new thing, its been happening since before i was born.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Johnny SixPack

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: andrew on October 22, 2005, 05:28:20 AM
This isnt just a new thing, its been happening since before i was born.

You're like what?  14?    Everything has been happening since before you were born.

That pic is an old chevy with a straight axle front end that they used to do in the 50's and 60's.... before I was born.
That is NOT the same thing as bling.   Just things people did in another era... hell that was retro in 1980 before people called things retro.

My friend / paint guy has a black '56 Chevy with a straight axle front end too.   I think it's cool as hell.   So does he.

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Dodge-Charger

Quotetheyre called "Donks". Its the latest sensation that is sweeping the Dirty South of our nation. They put Hummer axels on them rides and put 26"-30" rims on them. Some weird shit.

It started over in the lower west side of the states and I have not seen any of them with Hummer "axels" put on to do it. They buy an adapter plate ( when needed ) to put them on. There is a Sound Shop here that has a 4wheeler with 20" rims on it. This too was an adapter plate setup. ( why they did it I dont know ) 
As for the " rent a rim " the up side of this is that the rims and tires have Ins. on them while you pay for them. I was ragging on a bud of mine for getting some 15" rims with M/T's to put on his ride. He showed me the ticket and when all was said and done he didnt pay but $100 over Summits price. He had about three more payments when he bent a rim at the track, He took it off the car, went back to the store and got a new with no extra money. Not a bad deal in his case.