News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rent a wheel?

Started by JimShine, October 20, 2005, 11:44:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: andrew on October 22, 2005, 05:28:20 AM
This isnt just a new thing, its been happening since before i was born.

You're like what?  14?    Everything has been happening since before you were born.

That pic is an old chevy with a straight axle front end that they used to do in the 50's and 60's.... before I was born.
That is NOT the same thing as bling.   Just things people did in another era... hell that was retro in 1980 before people called things retro.

My friend / paint guy has a black '56 Chevy with a straight axle front end too.   I think it's cool as hell.   So does he.

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Dodge-Charger

Quotetheyre called "Donks". Its the latest sensation that is sweeping the Dirty South of our nation. They put Hummer axels on them rides and put 26"-30" rims on them. Some weird shit.

It started over in the lower west side of the states and I have not seen any of them with Hummer "axels" put on to do it. They buy an adapter plate ( when needed ) to put them on. There is a Sound Shop here that has a 4wheeler with 20" rims on it. This too was an adapter plate setup. ( why they did it I dont know ) 
As for the " rent a rim " the up side of this is that the rims and tires have Ins. on them while you pay for them. I was ragging on a bud of mine for getting some 15" rims with M/T's to put on his ride. He showed me the ticket and when all was said and done he didnt pay but $100 over Summits price. He had about three more payments when he bent a rim at the track, He took it off the car, went back to the store and got a new with no extra money. Not a bad deal in his case.