News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I've Become General Lee Dubious, How About You?..

Started by Brock Samson, October 20, 2005, 04:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

Some of these new members strike me as annoying, and I think they are either:

1. Young and green and lacking in common sense, normal courtesy and understanding of Mopars or cars for that matter, the English language (no offense to out furrin friends  ;D), or the qualities of this site General Lee.

or

2. Trolls

Thank goodness for some of the other more seasoned and experienced new arrivals like HEMI TIME..

(sorry I had to vent, you can rag on me for my lack of Patience if ya' want..)

PocketThunder

Strat, are you on this site all day long or just half the day like me?

and whats with you posting and now attaching a link to somewhere?   :icon_smile_big:  thats not like you  ;D
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Brock Samson

Some times... I forget to log off, and the damn thing can be on all weekend...   :icon_smile_big:
the stats scare me, im on here and post more then the Boss... and Mustang hater too, I need to seek a 12 step group, I got waaaaaaay too much invested here...   ;)

oh, ok,..  yea' wanna link?.. here's a Link for ya'..

http://www.zen26835.zen.co.uk/sausages%20copy.jpg

Shakey

If we could only find a way to make money doing this!  :scratchchin:

I got it, how about - instead of going out and getting sponsors for a walk-a-thon, a post-a-thon!

I will create some forms, hit the neighbourhood tonight and try and collect a nickle for every post!  :D

Brock Samson

Quote from: Shakey on October 20, 2005, 05:05:00 PM
If we could only find a way to make money doing this! :scratchchin:

I got it, how about - instead of going out and getting sponsors for a walk-a-thon, a post-a-thon!

I will create some forms, hit the neighbourhood tonight and try and collect a nickle for every post! :D

You mean your not getting the checks?.. you'd better ask Troy about that man..  ;)

Tom_440

Quote from: Stratocharger on October 20, 2005, 04:58:13 PM
Some times... I forget to log off, and the damn thing can be on all weekend...   :icon_smile_big:
the stats scare me, im on here and post more then the Boss... and Mustang hater too, I need to seek a 12 step group, I got waaaaaaay too much invested here...   ;)

oh, ok,..   yea' wanna link?.. here's a Link for ya'..

http://www.zen26835.zen.co.uk/sausages%20copy.jpg

Thanks for the link.  :sick:

RD

Quote from: Stratocharger on October 20, 2005, 04:47:45 PM

1. Young and green and lacking in common sense, normal courtesy and understanding of Mopars or cars for that matter, the English language (no offense to out furrin friends   ;D), or the qualities of this site General Lee.

or

2. Trolls

Thank goodness for some of the other more seasoned and experienced new arrivals like HEMI TIME..

i wonder too where the seasoned mopar vets are and why they are not here.  oh well for every 20 trolls we get 1 good one i guess.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Troy

Quote from: Shakey on October 20, 2005, 05:05:00 PM
If we could only find a way to make money doing this!  :scratchchin:

I will create some forms, hit the neighbourhood tonight and try and collect a nickle for every post!  :D

Like we need more incentive for people to post useless garbage... :P

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Troy

Quote from: RD on October 21, 2005, 11:07:46 AM
Quote from: Stratocharger on October 20, 2005, 04:47:45 PM

1. Young and green and lacking in common sense, normal courtesy and understanding of Mopars or cars for that matter, the English language (no offense to out furrin friends  ;D), or the qualities of this site General Lee.

or

2. Trolls

i wonder too where the seasoned mopar vets are and why they are not here. oh well for every 20 trolls we get 1 good one i guess.

When they do show up they get hassled it seems. The ones we have get tired of the same questions and/or the attitudes of others. Most "seasoned mopar vets" don't seek out sites for information but a whole lot of newbies do. If people don't stick around on a web site it's usually due to lack of content that they find interesting. I can't help but notice that our main topics of conversation leave a lot to be desired.

Troy

694spdRT

Quote from: Troy on October 21, 2005, 12:18:55 PM

I can't help but notice that our main topics of conversation leave a lot to be desired.

Troy

Unfortunately, I have to agree on this point. The informative resto and tech posts seem to have fallen off somewhat.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Troy

Quote from: 694spdRT on October 21, 2005, 02:17:13 PM

I can't help but notice that our main topics of conversation leave a lot to be desired.

Troy

Unfortunately, I have to agree on this point. The informative resto and tech posts seem to have fallen off somewhat.

Guess I need to get some work done on my cars so I can post some How-Tos. :D Unfortunately, all I've acomplished lately is cleaning the garage, assembling an engine hoist, and stripping a fender that I can't even use. Now that cooler weather is here I hope to see some progress but I've been working too much lately. I'm sure there are others getting ready to dive into their winter projects so I'm hopeful.

Troy

Charger_Fan

Me too, that's why I posted that Horsey in Seattle story. :icon_smile_approve:

Oh wait...you probably meant me too. ::) :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

RD

well, i think its time for me to rebuild a transmission and have it photo documented as well as written down huh?  hell, have John_Kunkel do it! :D  j/k, I will do one.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

SirNik73

i know that I've learned a lot from this site... or should i say the old site. it seems like when we were at D-C.com i learned something about my car every day. but I've learned more about Bestiality, Huge Squids, or How To tips on body shaving then i have about my car... not that i don't enjoy it, just that the old site had better charger content. I'm about to start some projects on my car... i just got some new gauges and I'm going to reface them and repaint my cluster and i plan on posting that when i get done with that. I'm on the site every day, but i only talk when i have something to say and read a lot... but it doesn't seem that there has been much to read about lately.
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

Brock Samson

well the old site was three years old and this one is four mos. old...

Khyron

Troy

I resemble that remark!

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.