News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

efi fuel pressure pump

Started by chargerman68, August 01, 2008, 11:50:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerman68

anyone have an idea on a intank efi fuel pump.....

how to install and what other stuff do i need an fitting and hose...
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

aifilaw

an efi fuel pump will provide 70+ psi to the system, it is for use with injectors, if you run that into a carburator you are going to have serious problems.
If you you have injectors, then lets talk
'72 B5 Metallic Blue Hardtop
426" Wedge - Hydraulic Roller Stealth heads

suntech

Bosch is making a variaty of pumps to fit inside the tank. :2thumbs:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

chargerman68

aifilaw

Well then that is a different story,
First of all, the new "hemi's"  aren't true hemispherical combustion chambers, they are slightly better, but anyways... rabbit trail

You will need a vent line and return line and a fuel pressure regulator
Other than that, as long as you can provide the fuel you will be needing you should be fine.
aka: less than 400 hp you can get away with about 24 lb injectors, you will need a fuel pressure regulator set for whatever your PCM control module requires, and you will need a fuel pump capable of handling that flow. 8x24lb/hr, figure the gaslone requirements and get a pump capable of more pressure than your regulator and the gph requirement for your injectors.

chargerman68

where can i find one looking in summit and jegs

aifilaw

I have no idea about retrofitting or companies that make pumps that drop in the tank as far as the fit

But for functionality, most large truck engine fuel injection fuel pumps can handle 500 hp, get a stock replacement from your local parts store. For something a bit beefier than I'm sure you can dig up something off of summit. You won't find one by looking for a mopar pump unless you want a stock replacement for one out of a new charger/srt-8 car, and it will probably cost more than a high performance pump for an LS1 car as long as you are retrofitting it.

suntech

XV has the kit you need. Tank, with pump fitted inside, return line, etc. ready to go. :2thumbs:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

chargerman68

dont feel like spending about 2000 for it

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: suntech on August 02, 2008, 05:33:09 PM
XV has the kit you need. Tank, with pump fitted inside, return line, etc. ready to go. :2thumbs:

they run a stock in tank pump....      good for a stock 6.1L but not much more....

Chargerman68 - checky E-bay....     i've seen converted tanks for EFI on there for about $850

If you're not stuck on a internal pump check out buschillon (sp?) - they sell a fuel system kit for the 6.1L Hemi and it includes the regulator, lines, and pump (external but not all that noisy) for about $500.00  I believe....     

I plan on running this until I get $$$ for an internal pump in a new tank....       but if this pump works fine and isnt noisy i might just use it permenently
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

chargerman68

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on August 02, 2008, 11:43:50 PM
Quote from: suntech on August 02, 2008, 05:33:09 PM

they run a stock in tank pump....      good for a stock 6.1L but not much more....

Chargerman68 - checky E-bay....     i've seen converted tanks for EFI on there for about $850

If you're not stuck on a internal pump check out buschillon (sp?) - they sell a fuel system kit for the 6.1L Hemi and it includes the regulator, lines, and pump (external but not all that noisy) for about $500.00  I believe....     

I plan on running this until I get $$$ for an internal pump in a new tank....       but if this pump works fine and isnt noisy i might just use it permenently

thanks for the info

suntech

Quotedont feel like spending about 2000 for it
It is listed at the XV site for 859,95 :shruggy:

chargerman68

they love to charge extra for shipping

chargerman68

d72hemi

Quote from: chargerman68 on August 14, 2008, 09:46:49 PM
which one would work

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/carter.html

None of them. For EFI you need 45+ PSI, those are for carburated, 7-16psi, pumps

defiance

Just out of curiosity, why in-tank?

aifilaw

Rolling_Thunder

noise reduction - you need 58 psi for your Hemi to operate properly -
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip