News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Performance Parts Websites

Started by 71Charger500, October 20, 2005, 08:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71Charger500

Anyone have any suggestions for a good mopar performance parts website with lots of selection on dual exhuast in particular?
1971 Charger 500 383 mod...
Takin' names on the open road.

cudaken

First, what exhuast manafolds do you have on the 383? Is it a 383 2 barrel or a 383 HP Charger? If a 2 barrel first step is a set of HP manafolds. I would have a local shop bend the pipes. 2.25" ID pipes with a H-pipe or better yet a X-pipe.

From are PM's, first thing I would do is buy a bible. Go to a local Dodge dealership and ask for a Mopar Perormance Racing Bulletions. More than likely they will try to sell you a Mopar Perormance Catalog and take it. If they cannot find what I am speaking of Mancini Racing 810-294-6670. THey should have a clue.

First thing you need to know what you have. Read the bible and you will have a better idea of what you have and what you need to get what you think you want.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Chryco Psycho

TTi has some of the best quality exhaust parts

71Charger500

Quote from: cudaken on October 20, 2005, 09:48:10 PM
First, what exhuast manafolds do you have on the 383? Is it a 383 2 barrel or a 383 HP Charger? If a 2 barrel first step is a set of HP manafolds. I would have a local shop bend the pipes. 2.25" ID pipes with a H-pipe or better yet a X-pipe.

From are PM's, first thing I would do is buy a bible. Go to a local Dodge dealership and ask for a Mopar Perormance Racing Bulletions. More than likely they will try to sell you a Mopar Perormance Catalog and take it. If they cannot find what I am speaking of Mancini Racing 810-294-6670. THey should have a clue.

First thing you need to know what you have. Read the bible and you will have a better idea of what you have and what you need to get what you think you want.

Cuda Ken

4 barrel holley carb.  If that tells you anything.  Im trying to find a good way to add some solid horse power, without going broke.
1971 Charger 500 383 mod...
Takin' names on the open road.

cudaken

Like I just said, you need to know what you have. Quickest way to throw away money is to buy something that will not work with the way your engine is bulit. On one 383 3 " exhaust and big header nay give you a extra 45 HP. On a stock 383 may ad 10 HP, and could hut bottom end power.

If you could send a PIC on the exhaust manafolds (on the side of the 383) it would give us a idea. More than likely it will be a 2 barrel. Find a pair oh HP's manafolds and get the pipes made localy. As much as I don't like them pair, of Flow Naster's. (I am old and don't like real loud like I did when I was your age) will add around 30 HP over a stock single exhaust.

Duels are a safe bet. I would stay a way from headers at this point, only worth maybe 5 HP if that over stock HP manafolds with a pretty much stock 383. They make working on the engine way tuffer as well and pain in the a-s to install. Easyer way is to pull the 383 out if that tell you something. ;D Factry HP is a 1.5 hour job to install.

Buy the bible and read, that will help you more than anything. I have mine here in my desk and still use it.

Cuda Ken
I am back